'Peter Gabriel: Live in Athens 1987' is coming September 17 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-12-2013, 02:14 PM

Default 'Peter Gabriel: Live in Athens 1987' is coming September 17

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9626...athens_87.html
Old 07-14-2013, 03:16 PM

Makes me wonder why he didn't already include this in the anniversary editions of So last year.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettacki View Post
Makes me wonder why he didn't already include this in the anniversary editions of So last year.
Because he is terrible, and wants as much of his fans' money as possible:

superdeluxeedition.com/news/peter-gabriel-to-release-1987-live-in-athens-concert-on-blu-ray
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 AM

The only thing that might matter about Play being included is if they FINALLY fix the DTS flagging error on the domestic disc that causes the DTS track to play back 30dB too low. That said, I already fixed that error myself manually and re-burned the release years ago, so the benefit is moot for me.

On the other hand, while I don't normally advertise things like this, I'm glad I chose to download the Athens concert from the boxed set. There, I said it. I watched it, and I enjoyed it, and I knew darned well that this would happen, and that's why I held off throwing down my hard-earned money. Which I'll do for this release - because it's how it should have been released in the first place.

I suppose it's far too much to ask, but God, I wish they'd also include the ORIGINAL sound mix on this blu-ray. It's not like they won't have the space. And the surround mix is really revisionist, even by Peter Gabriel's standards. I'll listen to it and enjoy it, but the original sound was far superior IMO. At least give your fans a choice, Peter!