'Robot Chicken: DC Comics Special' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 PM

Default 'Robot Chicken: DC Comics Special' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Robot Chicken: DC Comics Special.' He says this is worth DC Comics fans' time and money. This is short, but it's packed full of fun, and the bonus material more than makes up for the limited running time of the main feature. Recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8941...hicken_dc.html
Old 07-09-2013, 06:50 PM

While this is good stuff, as Robot Chicken always is, I do think this reviewer benefited from not having watched Robot Chicken for 8 years. I still like it, but it no longer has the "oh my god I can't believe how awesome this is" effect that it did the first year or two. I'm no longer really surprised when they reference something obscure or go for shock. I doubt they'll outdo what they've already done, but it is still great.

I do think $15 is a bit pricey for 23 minutes though.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:44 AM

I saw it when it first aired and thought it was quite subpar. Not horrible, but not even close to being what Robot Chicken can do.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:20 AM

I actually thought the part where the nerd got the Green Lantern ring and his pervy teenage thoughts became real was quite hilarious, but didn't really find the repeat Bane joke funny. So I agree with you; to each his own :-)
Old 07-14-2013, 02:52 AM

It's a shame they didn't extend this one or include a bonus episode from the regular series. But I will have to buy i, $15 or not.