'The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition' is coming September 24 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-03-2013, 12:08 PM

Default 'The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition' is coming September 24

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7823...ilogy_uce.html
Old 07-03-2013, 12:36 PM

Disappointed that no deleted footage will be accessible, but it's good to finally get confirmation on this set. That documentary with Michael Mann and Del Toro should be great.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
That documentary with Michael Mann and Del Toro should be great.
Del Toro is one of those film makers that I like personality wise, beyond just the films they make.

Which is the only reason (that, and that I'm a fan of Son's of Anarchy) that I'm interested in 'Pacific Rim'.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:57 PM

This set might mark the 1st double dip I've done soley for extras since the early days of DVD, as these films are just too amazing. It would be nice to see The Dark Knight remastered, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
Disappointed that no deleted footage will be accessible, but it's good to finally get confirmation on this set. That documentary with Michael Mann and Del Toro should be great.
Yah I'm disappointed as well.

I was holding off on the steelbooks because I hate double dipping, but I will be getting this!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:56 PM

Default Dark Knight Trilogy and the Lack of Substantial Extras

Just saw the announcement for the Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition. Been holding out on buying "Rises" (though some might argue I shouldn't bother) for this set, hoping that they'd blow the doors open on the extras, as the ones on the previous releases have been pretty tepid. Instead, we get an interview with Nolan and Donner, and a "making the trilogy" feature. While the latter may be meaty (not holding my breath), where are the commentaries and deleted scenes? I would love to hear Nolan dig into these movies scene by scene, especially "The Dark Knight". Instead, we get hot wheels cars and production cards? Seriously?
Needless to say, I'm disappointed. Anybody else been holding out for this set?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:15 PM

IMO, if you were holdling off, I'd call the studio's bluff that this is the "ultimate" collector's edition of the trilogy and grab it.

Why would they be holding off on content if they had it? And, I'd imagine, it's a recent enough movie that after the preperation for this box set they likely won't be making anymore supplemental material. At least until it's been long enough where people can talk about the influence a film had (so, like, 10 years?). All totally a guess on my part.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear: I was just hoping this would be THE set. Was hoping the earlier releases were similar to that of the theatrical LOTR releases with barely any extras, and that this would be MUCH more comprehensive in the way the Extended Editions were. I agree that if it's not included in this set, then we're SOL and that there's nothing additional planned for the future.
Just disappointed that this is all we get with how big of a splash these movies made, especially "The Dark Knight."
Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 PM

Unfortunately Nolan is quite famous for not doing commentaries and deleted scenes. So the two things you wanted are two things that Nolan is typically adamant against. I wouldn't hold your breath for ever expecting to at least see the latter. But maybe some day you might get commentaries, perhaps long after the dust off these movies have settled. I don't ever expect to see deleted scenes though.

If the making of documentary is substantial, I'll be happy with that, so long as we also got new transfers for Batman Begins and TDK. Otherwise, I'll be pretty disappointed as well.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 07-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Just ordered TDKR so of course they will make such an announcement.