Where can I find the single disc Blu-ray release of Shadow of a Doubt (Hitchcock)? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 PM

Default Where can I find the single disc Blu-ray release of Shadow of a Doubt (Hitchcock)?

Amazon released this in early May and it seems to have sold out in about 3 weeks!

I've been trying to search to buy it brand new or even used, but I literally can not find it anywhere. Not on eBay or any other big sites.

I am really kicking myself. I had it on my Amazon WishList for awhile and it was there for about $16. I figured I would wait to get it for my b-day in the Fall. But now it's totally gone and Amazon says it is out and they don't know if they will get more. No one has it for sale as a used copy either.

I DID find one dealer on eBay last week who had 2 copies for sale new for $30 each. So, I quickly ordered one. The very next day I get an email from this dealer telling me they actually don't have it because they can't get it either. They cancelled my order and they also took down their page with this for sale.

Can anyone recommend more ideas about how I might be able to pick this up? And I only want the single movie...not the huge Hitchcock collection.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 PM

It must have gotten delayed until July 2nd

Shadow of a Doubt coming to blu-ray July 2nd
Old 06-17-2013, 10:51 PM

Malakai,

Thanks. I checked out the link and it DOES say July 2nd.

However, there are all sort of conflicting things going on with this. That site says July 2nd. But it was already on Amazon from early to late May (I saw it daily). Then if you go to Bluray.com and look it up, it has it coming out June 4th. Well, it obviously hasn't.

So, I decided to email Universal themselves. I got Rope by itself on Bl-ray through Amazon (was released last week) and it includes a card showing upcoming Hitchcock single disc Blu-ray releases. And sure enough.... Shadow of a Doubt is one of them (with the same cover art that you will find on Amazon).

So, in my email, I basically asked them: 1) was it ever indeed released in early May? and 2) is it going to be re-released anytime soon, considering it came and went on Amazon in less than a month and now Amazon states they don't know when it will be back. Well, a representative emailed me back today, and basically gave me the standard line that they are not sure when it is set for release.

So, I have no idea WHAT is going on with this. Anyone else have ANY clue? Did anyone get lucky enough to somehow get a single disc blu-ray copy of Shadow of a Doubt? There still aren't any for sale on eBay or any used on Amazon either. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 AM

Are you sure that the Amazon listing you saw previously wasn't a third-party seller who either broke out the disc from the box set or was selling an import copy?
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 PM

Default re: Shadow of a Doubt single disc Blu-ray

Josh: I'm sure it was definitely an Amazon release.

But the good news is... as of today, it's BACK on Amazon. For $16.99. I just ordered and it went through. So, don't wait! Buy it now before it disappears again!