'The Ultimate Gangsters Collection Contemporary' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 AM

Default 'The Ultimate Gangsters Collection Contemporary' - High-Def Digest Review

Gordon has reviewed 'The Ultimate Gangsters Collection Contemporary.' Check it out:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8871...temporary.html
Old 05-22-2013, 07:14 PM

"'The Departed' comes to Blu-ray with a real rarity for Warner, an uncompressed PCM 5.1 surround track (to my knowledge, the only other title from the studio to support PCM is 'The Sopranos: Season Six, Volume One')."

Actually, there were several other Warner Bros. titles that used PCM for their audio tracks in 2007.

Troy: The Director's Cut
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange (first pressing, non-Collector's Edition)
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket (second pressing)
Eyes Wide Shut
The Sopranos: Season Six, Volume Two
Superman Returns (second pressing)
300 (first pressing, non-Collector's Edition)
The Twilight Zone: The Movie
Blood Diamond
License to Wed
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (first pressing, non-Collector's Edition)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (first pressing, non-Collector's Edition)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (first pressing, non-Collector's Edition)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (first pressing, non-Collector's Edition)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (first pressing, non-Collector's Edition)
Old 06-06-2013, 08:13 PM

Could use uncompressed PCM on 'Goodfellas'. I'm staying away from this one until they remaster it.

Regarding the above now I know why I didn't buy the book version of Clockwork Orange... at least not at first. Eventually found it used for like $8 or so. Still have the original Blu-ray with PCM, and the HD DVD which has Dolby TrueHD.

Before someone says dts HD MA is just as good I should mention only one of my players supports it, so that's why I prefer PCM.

Last edited by cupboy; 06-06-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
Before someone says dts HD MA is just as good I should mention only one of my players supports it, so that's why I prefer PCM.
It's time for you to upgrade your equipment. You must still have a first generation (2006) model. Every Blu-ray player since the second generation has supported DTS-HD MA.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.