Recommendation for Blu-ray player software? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-21-2013, 06:46 AM

Default Recommendation for Blu-ray player software?

I have to say the Blu-ray enjoyment experience is great under the condition that it is supported by a powerful player. So the key point is the user-friendly Blu-ray Player Software?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 AM

Wouldn't mind if I was told about one other than what I've heard.

I've heard about DVDfab as an option. Don't know to much about them.

I use PowerDVD, but their software is pretty shit and you have to upgrade often.

TotalMedia Theater just seems like PowerDVD with some minor differences.

3D playback is needed too in my case. I wouldn't mind a program even if it needed the BDs to have no copy protection (I have AnyDVD HD)
Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 AM

wondering which one is better, the Power DVD from CyberLink or the TotalMedia Theatre from ArcSoft. Do you guys have any ideas?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:56 AM

Are there any free ones?
It's pretty sickening we can't get a damn free blu ray player software.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Are there any free ones?
It's pretty sickening we can't get a damn free blu ray player software.
It's the bloody protection that BDs use. They set up the disks so they don't play nice on devices that don't use HDCP

Classic case of anti-piracy measures not stopping pirates, but buggering up legitimate customer's ability to watch the product they paid for.

Even with AnyDVDHD, I still can't play BDs with free software (at least, not MPC-HC). I can open video files, yes, but no subtitles are available, and they've been using a technique for a while that forces a foreign language as the default audio stream.

Possibly I could make an ISO of a BD, and try to open it as a DVD, but I doubt it would work. BD menus are rather different from DVD menus and all >_>

It just sucks that the 'leading' software is clunky, often unreliable, and requires you to pay for every major version change (once a year, I think it was).
Old 07-15-2013, 03:42 AM

I would like to suggest you the light and cheap one Leawo Blu-ray Player if you are just looking for the simple video player for playing videos and audios.