'Dexter: The Complete Seventh Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 AM

Default 'Dexter: The Complete Seventh Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Dexter: The Complete Seventh Season.' He says this is another recommended Blu-ray purchase for fans of the series. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7650/dexter_s7.html
Old 05-17-2013, 01:38 PM

I thought it was cool that they included a roided up Matt Gerald as kind of a Moloch worshiper this season.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:05 PM

Everyone has always told me how great Dexter is but I've never watched it. So, just this past Tuesday I blind bought all 7 seasons on Blu-Ray. Going to give it a watch this weekend (or at least start)
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Everyone has always told me how great Dexter is but I've never watched it. So, just this past Tuesday I blind bought all 7 seasons on Blu-Ray. Going to give it a watch this weekend (or at least start)
This used to be my favorite show, but lately it's been pretty lackluster, except for the last few episodes of season 7. Season 1 & 2 were excellent, 3 & 4 were good, 5-7 were mediocre. Season 1 is definitely my favorite. This show isn't 'must watch' for me anymore.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFistYourFace View Post
This used to be my favorite show, but lately it's been pretty lackluster, except for the last few episodes of season 7. Season 1 & 2 were excellent, 3 & 4 were good, 5-7 were mediocre. Season 1 is definitely my favorite. This show isn't 'must watch' for me anymore.
I agree exactly with your post.

Last year I flew through Seasons 1-6 to catch up with Season 7. Season 1-2 really grabbed me, 3 and 4 were good, but I felt not as good, and then it went downhill with 5. It is not must watch anymore but since Season 8 will be the last I will watch it. I'm hoping they end it well.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:06 AM

I thought season 7 was pretty good. Not on the same level of the first four seasons, but still very enjoyable. Plus it sets up what could be a really good season 8.

I felt season 4 was by far the best as John Lithgow was a great villain. After that, it has indeed gone down hill. I didn't think season 5 was terrible, but like season 7, not on par with the first four seasons. Season 6 was pretty bad when compared to the other seasons and very predictable, but still better than alot of other shows on tv. Colin Hanks should find another field of work imo.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:00 PM

Yeah I will definitely tune in for season 8 though, i made it this far so I have to finish it lol. Even though I know they will probably play it safe with the ending instead of truly WOWing the audience.

I hate how
Spoiler
Dexter doesn't need to kill like he used to back in season 1 & 2, I remember in the beginning of season 2 he was on edge because he hasn't killed a person in so long. Now the killing comes as an after thought after all the soap opera drama BULLSHIT.

I also hate Hannah, and I hated Lumen. Lila was entertaining because she was a villain(and dem tittays).
Old 05-18-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFistYourFace View Post
Yeah I will definitely tune in for season 8 though, i made it this far so I have to finish it lol. Even though I know they will probably play it safe with the ending instead of truly WOWing the audience.

I hate how
Spoiler
Dexter doesn't need to kill like he used to back in season 1 & 2, I remember in the beginning of season 2 he was on edge because he hasn't killed a person in so long. Now the killing comes as an after thought after all the soap opera drama BULLSHIT.

I also hate Hannah, and I hated Lumen. Lila was entertaining because she was a villain(and dem tittays).
I agree.

I can't stand Hannah's character, as well as Lumen- we are on the same page. Lila was someone you loved to hate.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:25 PM

Yeah for me as well the show isn't as good as it was, it's still highly entertaining however. I think gun to my head, my favorite season was season 2, the whole Bay Harbor Butcher thing with Lundy, plus Dokes and Lila, it was a very fun season to watch. Plus I've got the biggest crush on Jennifer Carpenter, not the best looking chick ever, but damn sexy!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:38 PM

I Love season 2 as well, when I rewatch that season and see Doakes glaring at Dexter while he bowls, it makes me laugh every time.