'Dexter: The Complete Seventh Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Attebery's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,716
Default 'Dexter: The Complete Seventh Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Dexter: The Complete Seventh Season.' He says this is another recommended Blu-ray purchase for fans of the series. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7650/dexter_s7.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2013, 01:38 PM
MrAngles's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,388
Default

I thought it was cool that they included a roided up Matt Gerald as kind of a Moloch worshiper this season.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:05 PM
CorruptedDragon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,091
Default

Everyone has always told me how great Dexter is but I've never watched it. So, just this past Tuesday I blind bought all 7 seasons on Blu-Ray. Going to give it a watch this weekend (or at least start)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM
MyFistYourFace's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Everyone has always told me how great Dexter is but I've never watched it. So, just this past Tuesday I blind bought all 7 seasons on Blu-Ray. Going to give it a watch this weekend (or at least start)
This used to be my favorite show, but lately it's been pretty lackluster, except for the last few episodes of season 7. Season 1 & 2 were excellent, 3 & 4 were good, 5-7 were mediocre. Season 1 is definitely my favorite. This show isn't 'must watch' for me anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFistYourFace View Post
This used to be my favorite show, but lately it's been pretty lackluster, except for the last few episodes of season 7. Season 1 & 2 were excellent, 3 & 4 were good, 5-7 were mediocre. Season 1 is definitely my favorite. This show isn't 'must watch' for me anymore.
I agree exactly with your post.

Last year I flew through Seasons 1-6 to catch up with Season 7. Season 1-2 really grabbed me, 3 and 4 were good, but I felt not as good, and then it went downhill with 5. It is not must watch anymore but since Season 8 will be the last I will watch it. I'm hoping they end it well.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:06 AM
darkdaze73's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,382
Default

I thought season 7 was pretty good. Not on the same level of the first four seasons, but still very enjoyable. Plus it sets up what could be a really good season 8.

I felt season 4 was by far the best as John Lithgow was a great villain. After that, it has indeed gone down hill. I didn't think season 5 was terrible, but like season 7, not on par with the first four seasons. Season 6 was pretty bad when compared to the other seasons and very predictable, but still better than alot of other shows on tv. Colin Hanks should find another field of work imo.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-18-2013, 02:00 PM
MyFistYourFace's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 105
Default

Yeah I will definitely tune in for season 8 though, i made it this far so I have to finish it lol. Even though I know they will probably play it safe with the ending instead of truly WOWing the audience.

I hate how
Spoiler
Dexter doesn't need to kill like he used to back in season 1 & 2, I remember in the beginning of season 2 he was on edge because he hasn't killed a person in so long. Now the killing comes as an after thought after all the soap opera drama BULLSHIT.

I also hate Hannah, and I hated Lumen. Lila was entertaining because she was a villain(and dem tittays).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFistYourFace View Post
Yeah I will definitely tune in for season 8 though, i made it this far so I have to finish it lol. Even though I know they will probably play it safe with the ending instead of truly WOWing the audience.

I hate how
Spoiler
Dexter doesn't need to kill like he used to back in season 1 & 2, I remember in the beginning of season 2 he was on edge because he hasn't killed a person in so long. Now the killing comes as an after thought after all the soap opera drama BULLSHIT.

I also hate Hannah, and I hated Lumen. Lila was entertaining because she was a villain(and dem tittays).
I agree.

I can't stand Hannah's character, as well as Lumen- we are on the same page. Lila was someone you loved to hate.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Plissken99's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,515
Default

Yeah for me as well the show isn't as good as it was, it's still highly entertaining however. I think gun to my head, my favorite season was season 2, the whole Bay Harbor Butcher thing with Lundy, plus Dokes and Lila, it was a very fun season to watch. Plus I've got the biggest crush on Jennifer Carpenter, not the best looking chick ever, but damn sexy!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-18-2013, 05:38 PM
MyFistYourFace's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 105
Default

I Love season 2 as well, when I rewatch that season and see Doakes glaring at Dexter while he bowls, it makes me laugh every time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Dexter: The Final Season' & 'Dexter: The Complete Series' are coming November 5 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 8 07-27-2013 11:13 PM
'Dexter: The Complete Seventh Season' is coming May 14 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 02-21-2013 04:25 PM
'Dexter: The Complete Seventh Season' is already up for pre-order Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 08-25-2012 11:26 PM
'Entourage: The Complete Seventh Season' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 10 07-14-2011 04:48 PM
'Smallville: The Complete Seventh Season' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 23 01-16-2010 04:12 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off