'National Lampoon's Vacation: 30th Anniversary Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 PM

Default 'National Lampoon's Vacation: 30th Anniversary Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'National Lampoon's Vacation: 30th Anniversary Edition.' Check it out!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8602/vacation_30th.html
Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 AM

Why did they bother calling it the "30th Anniversary edition", why not just tell it like it is and call it the "Sly reissue with a recycled disc, released on the cheap edition."? I really like this movie, but I will pass until they release a better version. (if they ever do)
Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
Why did they bother calling it the "30th Anniversary edition", why not just tell it like it is and call it the "Sly reissue with a recycled disc, released on the cheap edition."? I really like this movie, but I will pass until they release a better version. (if they ever do)
I suppose you missed the new HD exclusive 85 minute documentary this disc has gotten? I'd say that is a nice upgrade over the previous version... I'm definitely going to pick this one up, just for that extra documentary alone!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman1337 View Post
I suppose you missed the new HD exclusive 85 minute documentary this disc has gotten? I'd say that is a nice upgrade over the previous version... I'm definitely going to pick this one up, just for that extra documentary alone!
Exclusive? I remember watching a documentary on BIO or E channel about Vacation about a month ago! I think it was made very recently based on the age of the cast! It just might be the very same documentary on the BR.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajr11 View Post
Exclusive? I remember watching a documentary on BIO or E channel about Vacation about a month ago! I think it was made very recently based on the age of the cast! It just might be the very same documentary on the BR.
well its been a trend with some movies to air the dvd/blu documentary on tv beforehand. Star Wars did it back when the OT first hit dvd. and they did it again with the Indy dvd set. in both cases the dvd version was 45mins to an hour longer vs. the tv airing.

so if this is the same doc for Vacation, maybe its a similar situation.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:25 AM

My question is will all the original soundtrack be intact? I heard that on the last bluray there is a different one, and it would be very cool if the music has been reinstated Can someone educate me on this please.

I agree that a huge documentary is a great thing on a physical format as opposed to just saying one saw it on TV.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Won't say MUST buy but will say, will eventually buy. Sounds like a somewhat lazy rerelease, SIGH.
I hate incomplete sets though so I need to see European Vacation released as well to fill in the gap between this and Vegas Vacation.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:42 PM

European Vacation is on Blu Ray.

http://www.amazon.com/National-Lampo...opean+vacation
Old 05-18-2013, 08:43 PM

I own the original Blu Ray, it's the same soundtrack as ever. Sometimes, the tv broadcasts would swap out "Little Boy Sweet" with something else, but that was only on tv years ago.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:41 PM

Beckner,

After some googling I found that it was the Pointer Sisters "I'm So Excited". Bluray and DVD never had it. It makes me angry because it is all I have ever known from HBO and VHS.

It would be nice if it was restored. BUT it looks like it hasn't been. Again..no buy from me. I love the movie too much to settle for this crap.