'My Little Pony: August' is coming August 6 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 PM

Default 'My Little Pony: August' is coming August 6

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9224...ny_august.html
Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM

Well, I'm excited. I have no idea what it would be, since it says it's two discs, and that it's 72 minutes long.
The second season is released on DVD tomorrow. I don't think the whole first season would fit on two blu discs. Maybe it could be the third season, which would be pleasantly fast.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 PM

It sounds like some sort of movie with that runtime? It's the first I've ever heard of this and I don't know what to make of it, especially with that title.

@Jordashebasics - It would be wonderful if the MLP seasons came out on Blu-ray, either as sets or individual volumes (preferably in-order). I have my doubts about it ever happening though ~_~ Maybe if the DVD Season sets do well...
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Someone I know will be quite happy to own this title. The tv series is called Friendship is Magic or some such thing, so this most certainly sounds like a movie.

By looking at the spine of the package, the second disc is a dvd for sure.
Blu Ray Disc, Dvd-Video.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 PM

MLP movie. It wasn't THAT bad. I took my daughter to the movie. She gives the movie 3 out of 4 stars. It felt like a tv show. Didn't seem HD or 5.1. So it felt like watching the show on big screen.
The songs was ok. If you remember it's made for kids, the movie was good. As for being a Brony (thanks to watching the series with my daughter) I felt it was maybe 2 stars. I felt it could've been made better and the climatic end wasn't what I was expecting. I think if the human form was drawn more like some of the brony made pictures I would've liked it more.

I agree with SoD- The tv series needs to come out on Blu-ray. I would buy that in a heart beat.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:27 AM

I'm hoping that if Equestria Girls (that's what this is. Why they named it 'August'....Because it was being released in August on BD/DVD?) sells well on BD, they'll release the TV series on BD. I pre-ordered EQG on BD to that end. Doesn't hurt that apparently it's not too bad.

The series was done in 720p I believe for some reason (budget most likely), but I'd still be OK with buying it on BD, even as an upscale.

Pity that Season 4 was delayed to the end of this year or beginning of next year as a result of this movie though.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstreak View Post
I agree with SoD- The tv series needs to come out on Blu-ray. I would buy that in a heart beat.
Ditto.
I have known a person or two that have spent a fortune on importing the dvds years ago. The challenge too was there was no easy way to display PAL or play it in NTSC, so many an hour was spent making it work on a PC.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 PM

While the Shout Factory DVDs out there are nice, it's sort of a shame that the iTunes 720p versions look better. I'd gladly repurchase the first two seasons to get the upgrade.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:03 PM

This came out in theaters June 16th. I took my daughter to a little indie theater that was playing it. She loved it. The Pony's become Human and attend a school. This is the begining of a spinoff series. Dolls are coming soon as well.

http://www.hasbro.com/equestriagirls/en_us/

Storyline

In Equestria, the newly coronated Twilight Sparkle is still trying to adjust to her new status and wings. However, Sunset Shimmer a renegade former studio of Princess Celestia, steals her magic crown and escapes to another world. Twilight is charged with recovering the crown and she and her companion, Spike, pursue the thief. Crossing over, Twilight finds that she has been changed into a powerless human in a high school world populated with teenage human counterparts of her friends. To save both worlds, Twilight must rediscover the magic of friendship that transcends everything she imagined possible.