'Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 3' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-25-2013, 12:27 PM

Default 'Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 3' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 3.' He says CBS has learned from past mistakes, and this set has none of the previous Blu-ray errors. All in all, one of the best seasons of TNG has received an absolutely stellar Blu-ray presentation. Highly recommended!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5232...ek_tng_s3.html
Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 PM

Glad to see the video quality is back up to where it should be.

Last edited by pedram; 04-26-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 PM

i've never seen any of these blu discs but just the images alone show what a great job they did and what a difference it makes. you'd think it was a modern show, never thought an old show could be made to look like that.

if there's any truth to the rumors that Fox considering doing this and giving the same treatment to X-Files then count me in. i dont double dip tv shows, (especially when i have them all) but in this case i so would.

as for Trek, i'm not a huge fan of the show but did enjoy it so i'll definitely get these eventually. i'm just waiting for the eventual complete series set. sure i probably have another 2yrs or so of waiting and the price might be nuts but i'll see what i think when that comes. :P
Old 04-25-2013, 01:39 PM

I'm glad to see Paramount wasn't blowing smoke about the improvements. This is where I become interested in buying these sets so hopefully no more are outsourced to terrible companies.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:20 PM

I'm still not done with Season 2 yet! Well, I'm trying to finish watching it before next week. Can't wait for this.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I too am quite pleased to see CBS is finally doing it right the first time. Then again, even with the S1 debacle, CBS' in-house team has done the best overall. I can understand their desire to bring the whole series quicker and the farming it out idea, let's just make sure it's properly scrutinized. I can't wait for some of my favorite episodes, "Relics" and "Cause and Effect" but I am sure Season 3 including Yesterday's Enterprise will tide me over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
I'm still not done with Season 2 yet! Well, I'm trying to finish watching it before next week. Can't wait for this.
Don't feel bad - just watched Season One, Disc Two.
I have preordered each season, so 3 will be in the mail next week.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:53 PM

Hey you might want to edit the review and add the fact if you get
it from best buy they have an exclusive version which includes the early CGI
tests of the Enterprise-D. They wanted to see if it would hold up but
opted for physical models as they looked better.

I for one will get the best buy version since it has that footage.

look at trekcore.com if you want to fact check

Last edited by borjis; 04-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:47 PM

The BestBuy exclusive is a streaming video in SD resolution AFAIK. It's worth watching, but it really should have been included on-disc.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:54 PM

oh damn, really? well that's not worth it then. I'll get it and Best of Both worlds for way less at target.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 PM

I can't believe you guys can stand the black bars. I'd rather the DVD releases, at least they auto-fit.