'Olympus Has Fallen' is coming August 13 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-24-2013, 12:34 PM

Default 'Olympus Has Fallen' is coming August 13

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9140...us_fallen.html

Last edited by Landy; 06-15-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:50 PM

A friend dragged me to this, even though he knows I hate going to the(non IMAX) theater anymore. I'd give this one a rent at best(and when you do, be sure to pick up a six pack to go with it), here you have every dramatic action movie cliche firmly in place(the opening scene starts out with the president and Gerard Butler sparing together in a boxing ring, HMMMM wonder if that might pay off at some point?). Gerard Butler does his very best Bruce Willis circa Die Hard 1 impersonation in his little radio chats with the villain, and the goodguys all around do the weirdest shit in compliance with the bad guys demands.

How they got Morgan Freeman in this thing is beyond my comprehension, though it looks he probably only did 2 days of filming.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
A friend dragged me to this, even though he knows I hate going to the(non IMAX) theater anymore. I'd give this one a rent at best(and when you do, be sure to pick up a six pack to go with it), here you have every dramatic action movie cliche firmly in place(the opening scene starts out with the president and Gerard Butler sparing together in a boxing ring, HMMMM wonder if that might pay off at some point?). Gerard Butler does his very best Bruce Willis circa Die Hard 1 impersonation in his little radio chats with the villain, and the goodguys all around do the weirdest shit in compliance with the bad guys demands.

How they got Morgan Freeman in this thing is beyond my comprehension, though it looks he probably only did 2 days of filming.
That's a pretty accurate summary. It's like a really cheesy Die Hard 1 rip-off with large sections practically lifted straight from that movie. Leave your brain at the door and don't expect any of it to make any sort of sense. Oh and there's a pointless subplot involving a kid.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:05 PM

My friend told me about this last night and said it was horrible and the CGI was just pathetic.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post

Well, to be fair, it seems like Morgan Freeman is in EVERY movie these days. lol
Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 AM

I picked it up via the Taliban boot leg network yesterday on dvd. Its the only perk to being in Afghanistan. I check it out tomorrow but you guys are making me not want to watch it. Oh well Ill have Man of Steel Monday!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

With the release dates coming sooner, more and more I keep thinking of Spaceballs and their instant video cassettes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Well, to be fair, it seems like Morgan Freeman is in EVERY movie these days. lol
Big lol, like Tommy Lee Jones was a few years ago.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:53 PM

To call this movie a DOG would be an insult to dogs. I'm sorry I spent good money to see it - even the $6.00 bargain matinee was too much. Should have waited for Redbox...

Am I the only one tired of seeing things get 'blowed up real good'? Too bad so much of the budget goes to CGI and so little to clever story writing...

For those that can't get enough of this stuff, White House Down opens in about 2 weeks and from the looks of the trailer, it's a nearly identical story. And so it goes...
Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
My friend told me about this last night and said it was horrible and the CGI was just pathetic.
The CGI effects were awful, it looked like something from the late 90s. Actually come to think of it, the effects reminded me of Air Force One, I kid you not, I don't know how the filmmakers thought the effects were good enough to be shown to the public. Every effect shots in the movie were embarrassingly bad and it's not like they didn't have the budget for it. The movie cost around $80mil to make!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDuser30 View Post
The CGI effects were awful, it looked like something from the late 90s. Actually come to think of it, the effects reminded me of Air Force One, I kid you not, I don't know how the filmmakers thought the effects were good enough to be shown to the public. Every effect shots in the movie were embarrassingly bad and it's not like they didn't have the budget for it. The movie cost around $80mil to make!
My friend echoed pretty much exactly what you said especially the last two sentences LOL

I'm not even going to rent this nor will I ever watch it.

Thanks for affirming what I heard