Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Attebery is offline Member

Default 'Jack Reacher' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'Jack Reacher.' He says anyone who has ever enjoyed a Tom Cruise film will like this one. Give it a shot! With exceptional video and audio, and beefy extras, this is highly recommended!

Full review here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8432/jack_reacher.html
    Check out my author website and
    get a free copy of BRICK RANSOM!
    www.mikeattebery.com

Boston007 is online now Member

Totally blind buying this. I dont think those extra features are light either!

Any stores doing exclusives?

Luke Hickman is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Any stores doing exclusives?
    Best Buy appears to have some sort of exclusive, but no details are listed.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Jack+Rea...892093&st=jack

Target has an exclusive that comes with a paperback of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novel 'Second Son.' ('Second Son' is not the book that the movie is based on. 'Jack Reacher' is based on 'One Shot.')
    http://www.target.com/p/jack-reacher...m=jack+reacher

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Hickman View Post
    Best Buy appears to have some sort of exclusive, but no details are listed.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Jack+Rea...892093&st=jack

Target has an exclusive that comes with a paperback of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novel 'Second Son.' ('Second Son' is not the book that the movie is based on. 'Jack Reacher' is based on 'One Shot.')
    http://www.target.com/p/jack-reacher...m=jack+reacher
    Thanks Luke. I prefer my books in Kindle form so I am not that interested in that Target exclusive.

As for the BB exclusive I'm sure it will be a 30 minute supplement that they usually do. I'll wait to find out if they release what the extra content will be.

Oh and I also heard that disturbing opening scene had been taken out.

Did they reshoot it or completely remove it from the film?

thejnc is offline Member

Wanted to watch this in theaters since I loved McQuarrie's Way of the Gun and the flicks he's written I've seen have been pretty awesome too. Might blind buy this one.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

Oh and I also heard that disturbing opening scene had been taken out.

Did they reshoot it or completely remove it from the film?
    It's exactly as it appeared in the theatrical cut. I know that right after Sandy Hook, there were press announcements galore that explained the removal of violence, but most of those posts were unclear. In reality, as far as I am aware, they studio only removed violent and gun-based images from television ads and that nothing was removed from the film. The commentary never mentions it, so I do not believe that anything was removed.

Plissken99 is offline Member

Looking forward to seeing this, Tom Cruise might be a half psychotic unnoficial cult representative, but damned if he doesn't make really solid movies!
    HT gear: JVC X570r 4K e-Shift projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo UDP-203(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2

It's exactly as it appeared in the theatrical cut. I know that right after Sandy Hook, there were press announcements galore that explained the removal of violence, but most of those posts were unclear. In reality, as far as I am aware, they studio only removed violent and gun-based images from television ads and that nothing was removed from the film. The commentary never mentions it, so I do not believe that anything was removed.
    WOW
    I am glad they kept it and didn't remove it, to keep to it's original cut.
    Hopefully I won't find it too disturbing.

Thanks

WOW
    I am glad they kept it and didn't remove it, to keep to it's original cut.
    Hopefully I won't find it too disturbing.

Thanks
    It's creepy given the recent circumstances. Something like this wouldn't have been too shocking 20 years ago now, but scenes like this are a little too real these days. Yes, it's disturbing - but it's still PG-13 worthy. Had it been rated R, I think it would have been too close to home for everyone.

Good luck!

Defshep is offline Member

A "Tom Cruise mix tape" really nails it. Yes, I am a Tom Cruise fan. Along with fellow cuckoo Mel Gibson, Cruise still oozes charisma, and deserves respect as the closest thing left to a true movie star. I saw this in theaters and loved it. Can't wait to hear that chase scene again.

It's creepy given the recent circumstances. Something like this wouldn't have been too shocking 20 years ago now, but scenes like this are a little too real these days. Yes, it's disturbing - but it's still PG-13 worthy. Had it been rated R, I think it would have been too close to home for everyone.

Good luck!
    I bet! Thanks, looking forward to seeing this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Defshep View Post
    A "Tom Cruise mix tape" really nails it. Yes, I am a Tom Cruise fan. Along with fellow cuckoo Mel Gibson, Cruise still oozes charisma, and deserves respect as the closest thing left to a true movie star. I saw this in theaters and loved it. Can't wait to hear that chase scene again.
    Like Luke says "I try not to let the media's portrayal of actors' personal lives affect me. Say what you want about Tom Cruise, I've always found him a worthy Hollywood star."

I totally agree with that statement. I've enjoyed many Tom Cruise movies.

taygan315 is offline Member

Damn! With a glowing review like this....I just may have to blind buy this one.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"

divisionbell is offline Member

That is good to hear!

divisionbell is offline Member

I'll never really understand that. By tht logic any movie with violence is disturbing because violence happens evert day. Why do we only get bothered right after a new incident? And why alter a film when it's a work of fiction...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast