'Swamp Thing' (U.S. Theatrical Cut) is coming in August - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-18-2013, 02:34 PM

Default 'Swamp Thing' (U.S. Theatrical Cut) is coming in August

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4019/swampthing.html
Old 04-18-2013, 03:11 PM

Good to hear, but without Adrienne Barbeau's wonderful bust seen in the previous DVD release the news is a bit hollow. Looks like I won't be ditching that disc.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 PM

I'll pass. I wish they would do an actual Swamp Thing movie that felt like Swamp Thing.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:08 PM

Seeing as this is the theatrical and not the unrated, I'm betting if anything there will be a double dip down the road..

If not then it makes me wonder if the whole 91min/ 93min mix up that resulted in them pulling the dvds has something to do with the "for legal reasons" issue..
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM

I'd be surprised if there's a double dip down the line. The unrated DVD was pulled from shelves for the same legal reasons. Those being the suite Adrienne Barbeau filed because she doesn't want the nudity in the movie. Up till the DVD, the unrated cut was known as the European cut, so at best we might one day see the unrated released on Blu Ray overseas, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:38 PM

someone needs to fix this error in the article :

"
You can find the latest specs for 'The Crow' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under PENDING. "

:P i got all excited that maybe it mentioned The Crow and i missed it. lol
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
someone needs to fix this error in the article :

"
You can find the latest specs for 'The Crow' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under PENDING. "

:P i got all excited that maybe it mentioned The Crow and i missed it. lol
Thanks. Fixed it.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Thanks. Fixed it.
woohoo i helped and was useful!! :P
Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
I'd be surprised if there's a double dip down the line. The unrated DVD was pulled from shelves for the same legal reasons. Those being the suite Adrienne Barbeau filed because she doesn't want the nudity in the movie. Up till the DVD, the unrated cut was known as the European cut, so at best we might one day see the unrated released on Blu Ray overseas, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
That's such a shame. Honestly, I enjoy that part of the movie so much it would be hard to watch Swamp Thing without it any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I'll pass. I wish they would do an actual Swamp Thing movie that felt like Swamp Thing.
It's plenty similar to the Swamp Thing comics! You do know the comics existed before Alan Moore's run, right?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
It's plenty similar to the Swamp Thing comics! You do know the comics existed before Alan Moore's run, right?
Yes. I have the book with the 13 issues in it. Maybe I should reiterate what I mean. I want a Swamp Thing movie that is good. This movie feels like they picked people off the street that walked by their acting agency. Arcane was too young and I don't remember the movie having any Un-Men in it.