I accidently bought The Man With The Iron Fists for $36.92. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-16-2013, 07:34 PM

Default I accidently bought The Man With The Iron Fists for $36.92.

Oh, plus the first night's Redbox rental.

I knew I needed to get around to returning it, but I hadn't finished it. Oh well. I guess I'll order a blank case and print out a label.

Can I safely peel off that Redbox barcode bit around the center of the disc?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:21 AM

How did you buy it for $37?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:54 AM

Haha. So you reached the limit? I've never heard of that happening to someone. You should rename it 'Man with the Golden Fists.' That's an expensive one-disc, pre-viewed Blu-ray.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 04-17-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
How did you buy it for $37?
I kept my Redbox up to it's limit, where the daily charge racked up to about $40 (which I guess is their "new blu-ray" price).
Old 04-17-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Haha. So you reached the limit? I've never heard of that happening to someone. You should rename it 'Man with the Golden Fists.' That's an expensive one-disc, pre-viewed Blu-ray.
As the fee kept racking up, I thought, "If I'm spending this money, I better finish this movie!". Once I hit the $30 mark (which I didn't realize), I'm glad I kept it so I have something to show for the money.

Since I have to make a custom cover, I may take your suggestion and rename it! :P

At least it appeared that I was the first renter, the disc is in perfect shape.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM

Hopefully winning the Wreck-it-Ralph blu-ray will cushion the blow.

I already hate it when I have to pay for a 2nd day, when I return it at 9:30pm-ish.
I can't imagine paying $37 in late fees.

I guess it could be worse. Imagine if you did finish watching it and returned it at
$36 of late fees.

I didn't watch it; but someone else might say that $36 rental might actuallly be
better than $37 & keeping it.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:13 PM

Poor bastard.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
Hopefully winning the Wreck-it-Ralph blu-ray will cushion the blow.
I thought the same thing shortly after I found out I had won!

So I sat down and watched TMWTGF from scratch. And I gotta say...I can live with this purchase.

That may be a shocking statement, but I have my reasons. This is all having watched the unrated version. First, I gotta give credit to Rza. The movie worked far more than it didn't. I have enough of a familiarity, and fondness, of this genre to appreciate what he put together. The dialog only made me groan a handful of times. Visually, he put together great shots, except for this VERY odd bedroom scene.

The biggest problem was Rza. If he just would have cast someone as good as his costars, this would have been a fantastic movie. He just dragged down the movie every time he showed up. I thought, well, at least when he's fighting will be cool, right? Well...if I knew I was going to star in a martial arts movie, I'd work my ass of to look the part. And move the part.
Spoiler
It may have been out of character for a blacksmith to know some martial arts, or for him to be more buff, but it just threw off the movie. It also caused for a somewhat anticlimactic final fight.

It all wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't in scenes with Crowe, who seemed like he was having a fun time btw, who just couldn't help but out act him. I think Rza did a great job with all the other aspects he was involved in, especially the visuals and the music. I hope he gives this movie making thing another shot.