'Aladdin' (Holland Import) - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-11-2013, 10:52 AM

Default 'Aladdin' (Holland Import) - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron Peck has reviewed 'Aladdin' (Holland Import).

Repeat, Aaron has reviewed 'Aladdin!'

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9049/aladdin_be.html
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 AM

Angry Dutch instead of belgium

First of all this is a Dutch (Netherlands) release, which also happens to be released in Belgium. Even the link to buy the movie links to a dutch website.
Another mistake was in the "here comes the boom" review stating Bas Rutten is Danish, but he is Dutch. Maybe its a good idea to get a map of Europe out of the cupboard someday....:shh2:
Old 04-11-2013, 11:47 AM

I may just grab this one to tide me over until the U.S. release. Aladdin is my favorite Disney classic animation film. I only have a 5.1 setup so that is fine with me.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrytasker View Post
First of all this is a Dutch (Netherlands) release, which also happens to be released in Belgium. Even the link to buy the movie links to a dutch website.
Another mistake was in the "here comes the boom" review stating Bas Rutten is Danish, but he is Dutch. Maybe its a good idea to get a map of Europe out of the cupboard someday....:shh2:
Two posts and all they've been is complaints. Look, these things go over better if you simply use the proper channels to direct your anger.

It was originally listed as a Belgium import because I imported it from a store in Belgium.
:shh2:

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the mention, Aaron! I can now die peacefully: I have been namechecked on the High Def Digest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Two posts and all they've been is complaints. Look, these things go over better if you simply use the proper channels to direct your anger. It was originally listed as a Belgium import because I imported it from a store in Belgium.
:shh2:
Indeed. Why would it be a "Dutch" release? Disney always releases the same disc for both Belgium and The Netherlands. If anything, it could be considered a "Benelux" release.

P.S. The link (bol.com) asks 12.99 for the disc but I can get it for 11.99. So if any High Def Digest readers consider importing it, you know who to call (and no, it's not Ghostbusters).
Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 PM

Does this disc have the original opening song, or does it contain the politically corrected lyrics?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDigital View Post
Does this disc have the original opening song, or does it contain the politically corrected lyrics?
Politically corrected lyrics: "Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense, it's barbaric, but hey it's home".

Old 04-11-2013, 12:41 PM

What were the original lyrics? I've only ever heard it in Danish.

I'd get this since I really like the movie, but I want the option of watching it in Danish, so I'll wait.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post

I'd get this since I really like the movie, but I want the option of watching it in Danish, so I'll wait.
Original lyrics were: "Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face. It's barbaric, but hey it's home."

Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post

Wasn't it something like, "Where they'll cut off your nose if they don't like your face..." ?