Programming of Life (Blu-ray and DVD combo pack) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Banned

Default Programming of Life (Blu-ray and DVD combo pack)

Programming of Life (Blu-ray and DVD combo pack)

I just recently noticed on the Creation Ministries International website that there are now a total of two different Blu-ray titles to choose from. Darwin : The Voyage that Shook the World was released on Blu-ray on June 28th of 2011 and was produced by Creation Ministries International. However, Programming of Life Blu-ray is not a Creation Ministries international product but is produced by a third party company that believes in Creation. The Programming of Life Blu-ray/DVD combo pack appears to have been released sometime around Feb of 2013 but that needs to be verified since that is the date that CMI started stocking the title and not the official release date.

The following is a quote from an email communication that I had with Creation Ministries International:

The bluray/DVD combo pack for Programming of Life is not produced by CMI. We’re not sure of the release date of the combo pack but we have been stocking it since February this year.”

The following is a quote from Creation Ministries International website:

Programming of Life (Blu-ray & DVD)

“The Programming of Life delves into one of the greatest mysteries in the living world—what controls the cell? Can evolution explain the spontaneous origin of life from simple chemicals? Can evolution explain how the complex cellular control system, called the ‘genome’, came to be? After a careful analysis of terms like ‘probability’, ‘certainty’, ‘unlikely’, and ‘impossible’, you will know the answer to these questions. Then, with an introduction to how utterly unlikely the origin of life is, you will better see the immensity of the problem for any naturalistic explanation of how life came to be.”

Format: Blu-ray
Audience: High School–Adult
Length: 45 mins
Product Code: 30-4-616”
Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Banned

Programming of Life (Blu-ray and DVD combo pack) is available at the following websites

Amazon website link

Creation Ministries International USA website

Creation Ministries International Canada website

I purchased the “Programming of Life” Blu-ray version. When I receive it and if I make time, I might write a brief review on the video and audio quality.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Banned

Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Banned

Programming of Life Blu-ray release date and website information

I have verified that the 2011 Programming of Life documentary was released on the Blu-ray format in late January of 2013.

Quote from an email communication:

“The Programming of Life Blu-ray edition was released in late January 2013, so it is a recent addition to the marketplace.”

Free 360P YouTube Programming of Life documentary is available

On the Programming of Life website they offer a free 1 minute and 20 second Trailer. Also what really surprised me is a free 44 minute and 6 second Programming of Life documentary is available on YouTube at 360P quality (which is below DVD quality). Its amazing that the Producers of the Programming of Life documentary are offering the video free over the Internet in order to get the scientific message to as many people as possible. I am going to wait until I receive my Blu-ray version before watching the documentary.

http://programmingoflife.com/
Old 04-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Banned

The following is a quote from CMI regarding the region code for the Programming of Life Blu-ray/DVD combo pack:

“Both the Programming of Life Blu-ray and DVD are region free.”
Old 04-20-2013, 03:28 AM
Banned

Programming of Life Blu-ray (brief review)

The Programming of Life documentary on Blu-ray was very interesting to watch. At no time during the video is religion or scriptures mentioned. The Programming of Life documentary is 100% based on scientific facts and scientific theories. Using the known laws of chemistry and physics the documentary proves that evolution is impossible. The 43 minute and 49 second documentary mentions that science is proving that there is some other explanation for the origin of life since the evolutionary model is impossible. The science of Amino Acids, Proteins, Protein Synthesis, Biological Computers, Eukaryotic Cell, DNA, and Probability is explained in detail. Also the documentary mentions that the simple Cell Evolving into life is impossible. I found it interesting that the human body and animal life is like a Biological computer that is very well designed.

There was so much scientific data in the documentary that I ended up watching the Blu-ray twice in order to comprehend everything.

Optical disc and copyright information

The Programming of Life Blu-ray version is only available as a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack for a list price of $19.95 (Blu-ray and DVD are region free). For consumers that have upgraded all their DVD players to Blu-ray players it would have been ideal to have a Blu-ray only version for $14.95, however that is not an option. Another issue that surprised me is that only the DVD disc was professionally stamped in an optical disc factory. The Blu-ray disc is not a stamped BD-ROM and instead is a BD-R disc. Stamped Blu-ray discs are normally created with a minimum run of 3,000 or sometimes 1,000. Recordable BD-R discs are normally only created when 1,000 or less copies are made. Some older Blu-ray players have problems playing BD-R discs and work the best with BD-ROM stamped discs. However most Blu-ray players should be able to play the Programming of Life BD-R disc just fine. If this low budget Blu-ray would have been released back in 2011 when the DVD was released it most likely would have been a stamped Blu-ray disc instead of a BD-R. Releasing the Blu-ray disc in late January of 2013 is almost 2 years after the DVD release, which makes the Blu-ray version less in demand since some people that have already purchased the DVD version will not spend the extra money to upgrade to the Blu-ray version.

Another issue that surprised me is that both the Blu-ray and DVD have no copy protection on the disc to prevent a consumer from making a perfect copy (it turns out that the company purposely has no copy protection on the Blu-ray disc and DVD disc since they want people to copy the video for educational purposes). Also free public showings of the Blu-ray and DVD are allowed. Then I discovered that the LaBarge Media 2011 copyright does not allow one to make a copy for resale purposes.

Quote from the Programming of Life Blu-ray (quote located at the end of video credits):

“PUBLIC SHOWINGS AND DUPLICATION OF THIS VIDEO FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOPSES IS PERMISSIBLE”

This means that it is perfectly legal to purchase the Programming of Life on Blu-ray and DVD and to make as many copies as one wants as long as its used for educational purposes. Some Instructors are most likely going to take advantage of this policy and make several bit for bit perfect Blu-ray copies for their students. Also public showings is allowed. What is not allowed is to resale the self made copies of the Blu-ray and DVD for a profit.

So offering no copy protection on the Blu-ray and DVD disc, and allowing consumers to copy the discs for educational purposes is going to lower the amount of original optical discs from being purchased. The goal in making this Programming of Life documentary was to get the message to as many people as possible without worrying about profits (Perhaps even a non profit organization was involved).

Video comments

The stamped 480i DVD disc uses a total of 2.25GB of space on the 4.7GB single layer DVD disc. The 480i DVD has the exact same material as the 1080P Blu-ray version (under the more info menu option the graphics have a minor difference). The BD-R recordable Blu-ray disc only uses a total of 4.56GB of space on the 25GB single layer disc. The Blu-ray disc MPEG-2 codec bit rate appeared to average around 15Mbps. Sometimes the MPEG-2 bit rate was under 10Mbps while other times during faster moving video the bit rate was around the 21Mbps range. An average of 15Mbps for MPEG-2 is considered a low bit rate for 1080P quality video. Almost all Blu-rays released in 2013 will use the better quality MPEG-4/AVC or VC-1 codec at bit rates that average somewhere between 22Mbps to 35Mbps+. Some of the video quality for Programming of life appeared soft, however compared to the 480i DVD version the Blu-ray version clearly has more resolution detail and an overall better picture quality. The animated computer graphics scenes could have looked better if the MPEG-4/AVC or VC-1 codec was used at a high bit rate instead of using MPEG-2 at a low bit rate. There is no subtitle option for this video.

Audio comments

The Programming of Life Blu-ray disc only contains a lossy 2.0 Dolby Digital (448Kbps) soundtrack. This is very disappointing since the Blu-ray should have been released with either a 2.0 PCM, 2.0 DTS-HD Master audio, or 2.0 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack. This is not the year 2006 or early 2007 when lossy soundtracks were the norm on some Blu-ray releases. Many modern secular Blu-ray documentaries either contain a 5.1 lossless audio or 2.0 lossless soundtrack that is bit for bit the same as the studio master.

The lossy English 2.0 Dolby Digital (448kbps) soundtrack on the Blu-ray was easy to understand and appeared to be a good stereo mix for this low budget documentary.

Bonus features

All the bonus features on the Programming of Life Blu-ray disc uses the MPEG-2 codec at 1080P quality. The trailer lasts 1 minute and 19 seconds. The other bonus feature is a section that contains 1080P reference text for those that want to research the scientific facts in this documentary.

Conclusion

The Programming of Life Blu-ray was enjoyable to watch and listen to all the scientific facts that proves that evolution is impossible. With only 4.56GB of space used on this 25GB single layer BD-R disc, I was disappointed that there was very little extra features. Also the video bit rate for MPEG-2 should have been at a higher bit rate (MPEG-4/AVC or VC-1 codecs would have been even better). No lossless stereo audio track was another disappointment. Then again this was a low budget production that allows for free public viewing of the material. Since the Blu-ray and DVD optical discs contains no copy protection and the copyright statement at the end of the video allows people to copy the optical discs for education purposes, one should not complain too much about the technical specs.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 04-20-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling correction