Finally a Ghostbusters remaster! :D - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-05-2013, 10:30 PM

Default Finally a Ghostbusters remaster! :D

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2013/04/...u-ray-release/

Now if they'd just release the second one.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:16 PM

Ah nice. I didn't get the first release at the time for whatever reason, glad I waited. Ditto on the second one for me, too. I've always loved it nearly as much as the first.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 AM

I'll pass. I own the original release and I just don't see how the movie can really be improved all that much.

I also don't get what "Mastered in 4K" even means. Sounds more like a new gimmick to get you to buy a movie you have already bought three times before again.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 AM

I will definitely be getting this, although I will wait and see the review first though. If it gets 4 stars for PQ, I will order it on the spot.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Really, the biggest problem I had with the previous disc was the color temp change. They made it "bluer." It should be warmer looking, instead of clipping the whites.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:50 AM

I hope that this is indeed remastered, but I'm not holding my breath for that until we get real confirmation. The old master may well have already been 4k, in which case this is just a repackage.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I hope that this is indeed remastered, but I'm not holding my breath for that until we get real confirmation. The old master may well have already been 4k, in which case this is just a repackage.
Ugh, that'd be terrible. But I suppose it wouldn't be surprising. There's a lot of lazy cash grab re-releases out there already.

Fingers crossed!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 AM

I have high hopes for this release, I think it would be ridiculous for Sony to reissue another BD of the same movie using the same 8 year old master. I don't care what they choose to print on the cover, as long as they spared no expense in making Ghostbusters look as good as it can possibly look. This movie is 80's comedy gold, and it deserves the best treatment possible!

I am interested in knowing how they managed to expand the colour without changing the Blu-Ray spec though?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
I am interested in knowing how they managed to expand the colour without changing the Blu-Ray spec though?
They didn't. It's already been determined that that's just marketing fluff referring to the fact that Blu-ray has better color than DVD.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
They didn't. It's already been determined that that's just marketing fluff referring to the fact that Blu-ray has better color than DVD.
Well, I will wait and read the reviews first anyway. A better remaster is a better remaster regardless of how much marketing bull they put on the cover. That is if it is actually a remaster.