'Oz The Great and Powerful' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D are up for pre-order - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Staff

Default 'Oz The Great and Powerful' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D are up for pre-order

'Oz The Great and Powerful'

'Oz The Great and Powerful (3-Disc Combo Pack)'

'Oz The Great and Powerful - 3D'
Old 04-05-2013, 03:49 PM

I'm loving the cover for the 3D Blu. Looks sweet. Only thing it needs is a steel book. Blind buy day one on the 3D version.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:28 PM

I'm hearing rumor of a June 11th street date. Man that would be quick if true!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:21 PM

Day one purchase for me.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:44 AM

I'll pass. This movie... left a lot to be desired. Not to mention this is probably the worst role Mila Kunis has ever been in. Either she was completely out of her element or she just did not care enough to bother acting in it. Oh, and the story is pretty much just Army of Darkness in Oz. Lastly, what is up with James Franco? The guy has the emotional range of coal. He is on stage getting booed, he looks mildly stoned. He is flying into a tornado, he looks mildly stoned. He lands in a magical world, he looks mildly stoned. He meets a pretty girl, he looks mildly stoned. He sees tons of gold, he looks mildly stoned. He has to fight a witch, guess what? He looks mildly stoned. Every since movie this guy does, he looks mildly stoned. The dude either needs to learn emotions or get the hell out of the movie industry.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

...waiting for the inevitable "clip coupon" button.

Prefer the cover to the 3 disc combo but want the 3D combo - SIGH - Oh wait, are they not including the regular Blu Ray with the 3D Blu Ray set this time?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:09 AM

Yeah no chance I'm buying this one. Was looking forward to it big time before I went and saw it... and then.... awfulness ensued. Such a cringe-worthy cheese-fest. Mila Kunis is SO mis-cast it's not even funny! The whole time I was thinking "I hope this is going to get better, fast" and it NEVER did. Unfortunate. Epic let down.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Oh wait, are they not including the regular Blu Ray with the 3D Blu Ray set this time?
That's what I'm wondering--will you only get the 3D disc? My kids sometimes want to watch a movie in the other room which is not a 3D setup.

A $45 list price for just the 3D disc, no 2D Blu-ray and no DVD copy is pushing it.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tter2 View Post
Yeah no chance I'm buying this one. Was looking forward to it big time before I went and saw it... and then.... awfulness ensued. Such a cringe-worthy cheese-fest. Mila Kunis is SO mis-cast it's not even funny! The whole time I was thinking "I hope this is going to get better, fast" and it NEVER did. Unfortunate. Epic let down.

I didnt think it was THAT bad but yea she was miscast badly -- I'd go 3 out of 5 and pass as a purchase on this one..after this flick we walked over and saw Jack the Giant Slayer - I think I actually preferred that to a degree but both are misses.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 PM

At this point, I am tempted to only go see The Hobbit 2, Great Gasby, and Star Trek in theaters. We are in April and the best movie of the year is Evil Dead, and I give that 4/10. How friggin sad is it when the best movie of the year four months in is only 40% good?