'What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 PM

Default 'What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?' - High-Def Digest Review

David has reviewed 'What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?.' Accept no substitutes, this is the original grande dame of catfights! This Blu-ray features excellent video, nicely restored audio, excellent supplements, and a snazzy digibook. Highly recommended!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4420/happened_jane.html
Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM

I saw this movie for the first time last year, and I was amazed at how much better it was than I expected.
I disagree with this movie being framed as camp. I think that the over-the-top aspects of their performances are completely in line with the diva-like upbringing they had. They're still children, overacting and trying to outdo each other.

I also found the sisterly abusive angle much more upsetting than I normally would.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 PM

I blind-bought this based on its reputation and HOLY GOD did I ever love it! It was such a ridiculously fun movie to watch.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilResident View Post
I blind-bought this based on its reputation and HOLY GOD did I ever love it! It was such a ridiculously fun movie to watch.
Yah I bought the digibook on Amazon when it was on sale. Really can't wait to see it. I know I'll love it.