'Lincoln (4-Disc Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 PM

Default 'Lincoln (4-Disc Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Lincoln.' This is highly recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8407/lincoln_2012.html
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM

Another spot-on review, Aaron. By the way, I picked up "Winter's Bone" at the local Wal-Mart the other day for $6, went back and read your review from 2010 and saw this prediction:

Here little-known Jennifer Lawrence shows that she has a big future ahead of her....Lawrence is going to be a star, just wait.

Prescient you were.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousMisanthrope View Post
Another spot-on review, Aaron. By the way, I picked up "Winter's Bone" at the local Wal-Mart the other day for $6, went back and read your review from 2010 and saw this prediction:

Here little-known Jennifer Lawrence shows that she has a big future ahead of her....Lawrence is going to be a star, just wait.

Prescient you were.
Ha. Awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 PM

Have to say, I'm not blown away by the features on the 4-disc offering. No commentary track with, like, Kushner and Kearns Goodwin? Another blown opportunity, same as it was with Zero Dark. I'll make due with the 13 minutes of special features on the 2-disc version and put the savings toward another purchase.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousMisanthrope View Post
Have to say, I'm not blown away by the features on the 4-disc offering. No commentary track with, like, Kushner and Kearns Goodwin? Another blown opportunity, same as it was with Zero Dark. I'll make due with the 13 minutes of special features on the 2-disc version and put the savings toward another purchase.
Agreed. The special features leave a lot to be desired in the way of in-depth-ness. A commentary is SORELY needed.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 03-25-2013, 07:53 PM

Default Most overrated and overacted title of the year

This film received a lot of accolades, but I'm sorry, I found it to be extremely long, extremely boring, and incredibly overacted. I felt like I was watching bad Shakespeare instead of Great Spielberg. Tommy Lee Jones did a good job, and while Daniel Day-Lewis did a great job and won the Oscar, I think a lot of it was helped by the makeup department's excellent work. Bradley Cooper's performance in "Silver Linings Playbook," was just as good, if not better, than DDL's. I don't think you could pay me to watch, "Lincoln," again.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 PM

I felt the title was rather misleading. This film was not about Lincoln. It was about a 1-month period where he tried to get the 13th amendment passed. Big difference.

As a film itself, I found it to be well-made technically, but not something I would ever watch again due to the slow pacing and rather dry political plots that take up a lot of the run time. The main attraction here was DDL doing his Abe impression.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 AM

And the screenwriter blatantly lied about historical facts in it.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:01 AM

While I agree for a lot of people the 2 disc will forever be more than enough. I just want to comment that you may never see a true commentary on a Spielberg movie. He absolutely detests the idea of someone playing something over a movie.

You can get indepth almost as long interviews or him talking about the making or the decisions in the movie. But he will never do a commentary and 9 times out of 10 won't let anyone else do one either. Specially on his "Best Picture" movies.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:38 AM

Default How old are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdprice74 View Post
This film received a lot of accolades, but I'm sorry, I found it to be extremely long, extremely boring, and incredibly overacted. I felt like I was watching bad Shakespeare instead of Great Spielberg. Tommy Lee Jones did a good job, and while Daniel Day-Lewis did a great job and won the Oscar, I think a lot of it was helped by the makeup department's excellent work. Bradley Cooper's performance in "Silver Linings Playbook," was just as good, if not better, than DDL's. I don't think you could pay me to watch, "Lincoln," again.
I couldn't disagree with you more. I found "Silver Linings Playbook" unwatchable. Both my girlfriend walked out half way through. Lincoln, on the other hand, I found mesmerizing. I liked Spielbergs treatment wonderful, without much of his usual smaltz. I would bet you are in your 20's. I find being crazy and out of control not particularly interesting; just tedious.