Criterion Collection - Do you keep them seperate from your other movies? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 PM

Default Criterion Collection - Do you keep them seperate from your other movies?

The other day, I picked out the few Criterion Blu-Rays I have and put them on a seperate shelf, and I gotta say it looks great! The consistent spine design, all two tone in roughly the same earth tone pallet, it makes me want to focus on buying Criterion movies specifically from now on. BTW, I also have them in order of their catalog number.

Currently I have:
Brazil
Yojimbo/Sanjuro Box Set
Godzilla
Shallow Grave
The Game

I have The Letter Never Sent on order from Amazon, paid $15 w free Prime shipping.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:12 PM

Yes I keep them in their own rack. My own gripe is the different cases in a couple of them like Godzilla, The Leopard, etc. I HATE these cardboard cases. I wish they were all the same but at least it's not the majority. I love my Criterion collection.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 PM

Yeah I put them all together, but I don't sort alphabetically, I sort by director and genre, so Even if they weren't Criterion I'd be putting all my Gilliam films together and all my Anderson films together.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:32 PM

Sometimes, I wish they had the same size cases as standard discs, but I'm usually so pleased with the design and presentation that I don't care that much. Once I switch to normal shelving, I'll be happier with them.
I don't care for designs liked their Dazed And Confused disc though.

And I still don't like the artwork for The Game.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 PM

I alphabetize all of my discs by Second Unit Best Boy.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngles View Post
Yeah I put them all together, but I don't sort alphabetically, I sort by director and genre, so Even if they weren't Criterion I'd be putting all my Gilliam films together and all my Anderson films together.
I like this idea, but my first thought is...what about cases where the director crosses genres? Like Scorsese. If you have Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Shutter Island, and Hugo, do you have them organized under Scorsese into the genres? Like Drama/Crime/Horror/Family? Or would Goodfellas be near The Godfather?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Yes I keep them in their own rack. My own gripe is the different cases in a couple of them like Godzilla, The Leopard, etc. I HATE these cardboard cases. I wish they were all the same but at least it's not the majority. I love my Criterion collection.
I don't mind the cardboard case, but I do mind the sleve that my Yojimbo/Sanjuro collection is in. I wouldn't get rid of it, but it raises the cases up a hair, and the Criterion spine logos don't quite line up.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
I alphabetize all of my discs by Second Unit Best Boy.
Holy hell I thought I was the only one!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:46 PM

I just alphabetize everything.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 PM

I have all my high-def movies alphabetized with the exception of a series. I don't sort by blue, red, digibook, import, clear (Criterion) or steelbook. I find this makes finding a movie that I want to watch an easy task, as do my friends who want to check out my library.