Three Animated Disney Double Features are coming June 11 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Staff

Default Three Animated Disney Double Features are coming June 11

'Atlantis: The Lost Empire / Atlantis: Milo's Return'

'The Emperor's New Groove / Kronk's New Groove'

'Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch'
Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM

YES! 'Emperor's New Groove' and 'Lilo & Stitch' are two of my favorites. Underrated Disney movies that get overshadowed by Disney's mediocre era. Very glad these are finally coming out!

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM

Eh, 'Lilo & Stitch' is okay... it's passably entertaining. Not a great Disney movie, but not unwatchable. Which is impressive for the era.

I do not like 'Emperor's New Groove', and do not acknowledge the existence of its sequel.

'Atlantis' would've been a cool movie, had Trousdale & Wise and Disney (Eisner) not disagreed on basically everything, and then cut out most of the plot, character development, and action. The style is interesting, and the animation is excellent. The script... what was left of it... not so much. It would be a shame if most of the supplements from the 2-disc DVD were dropped so the utterly craptastic TV pilot/"sequel" can be on the same disc.

Last edited by Super-VHS; 03-25-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
YES! 'Emperor's New Groove' and 'Lilo & Stitch' are two of my favorites. Underrated Disney movies that get overshadowed by Disney's mediocre era. Very glad these are finally coming out!
Yah I know. I wil lbe purchasing all of these. Hopefully there will be some coupons.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM

Ugh, I wish they would lower the freaking prices. $30 a film blows. That's a $90 visit to the store/Amazon.

Still gotta order Hunchback, Mulan, and Brother Bear.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
With you 100% on this. I've been waiting a long time for these two movies to finally to Blu. Love them both
Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM

it's about damn time Lilo and Stitch hit Blu-Ray, been fighting the urge to pick it up again on DVD.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Agreed as well. Love Lilo & Stitch (own all four of the dvd movies).
Old 03-26-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I'm totally with you but man, I wish they'd stop putting these movies with their sequels for a higher pricepoint.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:56 AM

Hey, where the heck did my post go? I already replied to this, I'm sure >_>

Anyway, I actually did go ahead and pre-ordered all 3 of these.

VERY VERY keen on Atlantis. Not so much the sequel (it was very meh), but I've wanted Lost Empire on Blu for a good 5 or 6 years now. About time!

Emperor's/Kronk's New Groove is mostly "Well, it's not pricy and I did like them" really.

Lilo and Stitch 1 and 2 I am more keen on than Emperor's though. I definitely liked Lilo and Stitch more....

Lilo and Stitch is more of an issue than the other two movie sets though, because while The Emperor's New Groove only had the one sequel (plus the TV series), and Atlantis' sequel was actually originally supposed to be a TV series, Lilo and Stich went sequel crazy (plus it also has a TV series). Sucks a bit, that following up on the series isn't so convenient.

I dislike how Disney TV series are a bit harder to come by then you'd think, being Disney which everyone knows likes to re-release stuff every 5 years or so >_>