'Movie 43' is coming June 18 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-22-2013, 11:32 AM

Default 'Movie 43' is coming June 18

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8921/movie43.html
Old 04-01-2013, 10:40 AM

"Always entertaining" is a bit of a stretch. I thought the red band trailer made it look hilarious (especially the basketball bit), but after watching it I was very disappointed. I don't know how all these respected actors could do something like this, especially Hugh Jackman with a scrotum attached to his chin.
There was only a laugh or two that I hadn't seen in the trailer, but lots of groans/cringes.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:28 AM

Cool ummmm

one man's groans/cringes is another man's hilarity
Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 AM

My guess, these big actors are always doing somewhat serious roles. They probably want to have some fun every now and then. If a BUNCH of big actors are in on it it lessons the humility than say if only one of the actors did it.

If I was Jackman I would have done this movie as well. You get to hang out with other actors having fun.

Of course this is pure conjecture and I have no idea if anything I am saying is even remotely close to the truth and why these guys do these movies
Old 04-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Yeah, I can imagine that if they want to do a cameo in a comedy or something like that in order to have some fun. This film was generally panned by critics and audiences alike though (making less than $9 Million domestically even with all those big names on the poster doesn't do much to prove that the film was liked either), so I'm not the only one who thinks it was bad.

I would have thought those celebrities would have had a better sense of what was actually funny. Anyway, if you liked it then good for you. I'm happy that you were able to find amusement in a film that I wasn't. It's just sad that other viewers who are drawn in by the big names will also go through the same disappointment as me.