'Holy Man' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Default 'Holy Man' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Holy Man.' He says this is a rental at best, unless you've seen it, then you'll probably never want to see it again. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6802/holy_man.html
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 AM

I remember enjoying this on HBO. I might have to pick it up on the cheap someday, even if it's apparently a highly flawed film.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
I remember enjoying this on HBO. I might have to pick it up on the cheap someday, even if it's apparently a highly flawed film.
I also really enjoy this film (a guilty pleasure?). I love the "Eddie-lite" it displays.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 PM

This movie was good. Eddie's good in it. The trailer mislead everyone. It's not a zany comedy at all. Most people think it fails because of that - when it's just a feel good movie nothing like the trailer depicts. And this followed after siskel ebert's eddie bashing because they HATED harlem nights and everything after...and the world followed suit until Nutty professor. This was good. Vampire in Brookly is good. Boomerang is good. Even Metro is solid (if done a million times before)... Haunted Mansion was fine kids fare and the doo-little movvies were good too. This sit even criticized him in Mulan - in which he steals the show. You guys called him 'grating' cuz he sounds like 'Donkey'...c'mon!? The list of "bad eddie films" is bogus imo. Except maybe BHC III...and his Imagine That...that was awful. The man's a genius who always delivers even the films 'don't'...I don't think enough people give him the respect he deserves... and I dug Holly Man.