'Revolution: The Complete First Season' is coming September 10 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Default 'Revolution: The Complete First Season' is coming September 10

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8894/revolution_s1.html
Old 06-19-2013, 12:45 PM

Is anyone still watching this crap?

I caught the pilot, and all I remember was Katness with her bow, wooden dialog, Gus from Breaking Bad slumming it, and most people wearing brand new looking clothes with perfectly conditioned hair, some 15 years after the power went out across the globe.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:02 PM

I like the show. Anything post apocalyptic is at least half-good in my book, though, and I'm a fan of Billy Burke for reasons I can't really explain. The only real problem I have with the show is I don't get why they don't just turn the power back on.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:05 PM

That was my feeling when watching the show. However you look at Walking Dead, everyone is dirty, sweaty not clean shaven. The cast of this show looks like they walked out of an old Navy commercial, took me out of it completely.

And yeah I get an EMP pulse turning off power Escape From L.A style, but 15 years later they could have begun recovering and gotten some power back on.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:20 PM

I know what you mean about how clean everything looks. It probably doesn't bother me because the other main show I watch regularly with my wife is Once Upon a Time, and compared to the stylization in that show, everything else on tv seems ultra realistic.

Regarding the power, it's even worse than you can tell from the first episode. Not too spoilery, it's pretty obvious after the second episode I think, there are people who have had secret electricity since the initial incident, and have had the ability to get the power back on for everyone, but did not do so for some odd reason.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
And yeah I get an EMP pulse turning off power Escape From L.A style, but 15 years later they could have begun recovering and gotten some power back on.
I only watched a handful of episodes before giving up on this turkey, but from what I remember, the power outage was magical in nature, not based on any sort of plausible science. Whatever magic curse was cast upon the world prevented electricity from working at all -- including, it would seem, any electrical impulses in all of the characters' brains.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:32 PM

Right, they couldn't just repair or build new power plants, all electricity ceased to exist. Unless you have a magical USB drive, which can wirelessly power any electrical device. The whole electricity plot is distracting and unnecessary if you ask me.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:05 PM

This type of show is usually right up my alley (I loved Jericho), but I just couldn't get into this show. It felt like The Event, that it didn't hold up logically under it's own weight, that it wouldn't pay off, and that it would probably be canceled.

Is this even coming back for a 2nd season? If so, how is it that THIS show come back, but The River didn't?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:00 PM

Yes it's been renewed. I don't know why, but NBC has been pimping out Revolution as if it's the best thing they have ever aired. They have had commercials like crazy and promotion on their other programs like Today. Either someone at the network with a lot of pull just loves the show, or they've put so much money into it that they can't allow it to fail.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:08 PM

Keep in mind that NBC is a fourth-place network and has much lower ratings expectations than the other major networks (including ABC, which aired The River). Almost the entirety of NBC's primetime lineup would be canceled if it aired on, for example, CBS.

In fact, last year CBS pulled the plug on its sitcom How to Be a Gentleman, which had ratings that would have made it the second-highest scripted show on NBC at the time.