'Arrow: The Complete First Season' is coming September 17th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-03-2013, 12:45 PM

Default 'Arrow: The Complete First Season' is coming September 17th

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8821/arrow_s1.html

Last edited by Landy; 06-14-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM

I've only seen the first 3 episodes and I wasn't really all that impressed with it.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 PM

I thoroughly enjoy this show. While not knowledgeable of the Green Arrow comics, I do feel they could have done better on a couple of castings(namely the Quentin Lance character). I just hope they are not blowing through too many of the villains too soon.

Regardless, I will definitely be picking this up.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I've only seen the first 3 episodes and I wasn't really all that impressed with it.
It's getting better with each episode. I also really like
Spoiler
Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke. Great casting there. So much so, that I almost wish this series was all about him. Here's hoping for a spinoff.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Putting Crixus in there definitely didn't hurt

This BD is quite far off. I think I'll just stick with Hulu Plus for this one. Can't buy everything.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
It's getting better with each episode. I also really like
Spoiler
Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke. Great casting there. So much so, that I almost wish this series was all about him. Here's hoping for a spinoff.
Yeah, I thought he was great in Spartacus and he is a great addition to this show also. Loved the line from a couple of episodes ago where Ollie says..."Great, I'm stuck on an island with a guy named Wilson".
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Yeah, I thought he was great in Spartacus and he is a great addition to this show also. Loved the line from a couple of episodes ago where Ollie says..."Great, I'm stuck on an island with a guy named Wilson".
I picked up that reference too. Awesome show for sure, and I hope it sticks around for a couple more seasons.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 PM

Watched the pilot. Didn't feel the need to ever watch again.

Clear up something for me: Is he killing everyone he shoots or not? In the pilot episode, the hero sure seems to kill a whole shit-ton of people. But then I read some blog afterwards that suggested he was only knocking them out with special non-lethal arrows or some stupid nonsense like that. Is this addressed in a subsequent episode?
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Watched the pilot. Didn't feel the need to ever watch again.

Clear up something for me: Is he killing everyone he shoots or not? In the pilot episode, the hero sure seems to kill a whole shit-ton of people. But then I read some blog afterwards that suggested he was only knocking them out with special non-lethal arrows or some stupid nonsense like that. Is this addressed in a subsequent episode?
Josh, to be honest I wasn't really impressed with the pilot either. I decided to give it a chance for a few more episodes and ended up watching the entire season. It gets better (especially when they introduce Slade Wilson - he really needs his own series!), although there's still a fair bit of room for improvement.

But to answer your question - yes, he does actually go around killing bad guys. I believe it's mentioned that he does use knockout techniques on some of them, but most of the real bad dudes are taken out for good. It's explained through the flashbacks of his time on the island.