Blu ray discs that wont work right - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 AM

Default Blu ray discs that wont work right or missing disc(s)

Have you boughten a blu ray movie, tv show or box set and found out one of the disc(s) were missing or didn't work at all or stopped playing half way thru or started skipping or making noise? Then let us know that way we can find out if it was just a bad movie, tv show or box set you bought or if it's a studio error( meaning most buyers are having the same problems)
Old 02-28-2013, 01:31 AM

Make sure when you buy extremely loud and incredibly close on combo pack or single disc blu ray you open it and make sure the movie is in there. I bought the single disce blu ray from Walmart got home opened it and the disc was missing.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 AM

The first copy of Dredd I bought from Wal*mart did not work. Returned it, got another copy new from amazon, and it works great. You can see that there are others that had the same problem if you google it. It seems that there was simply a bad batch.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
The first copy of Dredd I bought from Wal*mart did not work. Returned it, got another copy new from amazon, and it works great. You can see that there are others that had the same problem if you google it. It seems that there was simply a bad batch.
I second the Dredd issue. Bought mine at Best Buy.

Only other movie/blu I had that would not play was Crank 2. Had something to do with the bd live features on the disc.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post

Only other movie/blu I had that would not play was Crank 2. Had something to do with the bd live features on the disc.
Never had a problem with a blu ray just one of my movies started to make a noise in the player but it only did it once and never again
Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post

Yep, this one was solved when folks stuck a 1 or 2 GB flash drive in their players.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Lionsgate titles seem to be giving me problems lately. First was Expendables 2, last night it was Safe.
Before that never had any problems to note (except when I was using an LG BD570)
Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 PM

I had two problems with discs tonight. First was my UK copy of The Importance of Being Earnest that just didn't play at all. I'd had it on my shelf for months.

Second was the second disc of Chuck season one. On the second to last episode it started to stop or slow down, as it happens with physically faulty discs. Turns out it had a manufacturing error-looking dent.