'The Man with the Iron Fists' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 PM

Default 'The Man with the Iron Fists' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'The Man with the Iron Fists.'He says your level of enjoyment depends upon your familiarity with classic kung fu movies. The Blu-ray comes with a near-reference audio and video presentation, but supplements are extremely disappointing. Give it a rent.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8142/man_iron_fist.html
Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 PM

One of the worst movies, my wife and I have seen in the last 10 years. That idiot RZO should stay away from writing screenplays and even further away from acting...

After 50 min we gave up. There was no way, we would be able to finish this piece of trash.

Highly recommended to my worst enemy..
Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 PM

How does this compare to the Forbidden Kingdom? Would be a pretty safe bet that if you liked Forbidden Kingdom, you will probably like this movie?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boguspomp View Post
One of the worst movies, my wife and I have seen in the last 10 years. That idiot RZO should stay away from writing screenplays and even further away from acting...

After 50 min we gave up. There was no way, we would be able to finish this piece of trash.

Highly recommended to my worst enemy..
worst part was Rza's narration voice over, the lisp I couldn't get over. He wrote, directed, acted, narrated, scored, doing all the work isn't a great thing and the narration almost killed this movie for me. Other then that it was as expected, I didn't think the story or acting would be grade A. You watch a movie like this for the action, it delivers from that aspect.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM

Saw this movie the other night. It was gory for the sake of being gory, which I find rather uninteresting. The Iron Fists also made little sense to me, since they were attached to a skinny little dude who probably couldn't even lift them, let alone throw punches with them. And he's going to take on (a metal-bodied) Batista? Yeah, OK. Silly movie.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkr7 View Post
How does this compare to the Forbidden Kingdom? Would be a pretty safe bet that if you liked Forbidden Kingdom, you will probably like this movie?
Totally different movie than the Forbidden Kingdom. This movie IMO should be 0/5 Stars.

This is what I posted on my facebook timeline back when the movie came out

Quote:
The filmmaking fundamentals here are worse than most direct to video: cinematography, editing, acting, fight choreography, pacing, soundtrack cues, it all screams vanity project by an incompetent director in over his head, because it is.

Rza is basically just a fanboy of the Shaw Bros kung-fu movies, and tries to replicate the elements that he loves about those films without grasping what went into making those things cool in the first place. The result is a half parody half tribute where it's difficult to tell what's intentional and what's not.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 PM

I think this RZA flick is worth a rent for old school kung-fu movie fans. There were decent special effects during some of fights throughout. The narration during the film was unnecessary.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:42 PM

This project just strikes me as something a kid would do who sat around all day watching kung fu movies & then went off in the backyard to make a make-believe one of his own. Except in this case it's a grown man with a lot of money, who should stick to the audience he knows best like 50 Cent also should. This movie looks like it was made by & made For RZA. He's probably the only one who would sit back in his mansion's cinema room & enjoy what this flick delivers.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:47 AM

Wow, such negative comments. I haven't seen this but I still wanna.

Mistake in the review:

Quote:
The meatiest of the bonus selections is a collection of five deleted and extended scenes which add more to the movie's beginning and one that with extra footage of the mirror-maze fight.