'The Thieves' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM

Default 'The Thieves' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'The Thieves.' This is a fun heist flick. With very solid video and audio, this Blu-ray is recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8356/the_thieves.html
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM

Is this movie scattered with lame childish humor? I like heist movies but recent movies in the Asian market that I've tried to watch such as Sector 7 and Quick have been peppered by Bad, like really really bad humor in them that set movies back to the 3 stooges days. The overacting and grown childish actors make me stop the movie after just a few minutes. It's hard to believe that there are directors out there who think pple will eat this stuff up in this day and age or are unaware that this stuff can ruin an otherwise good serious movie.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblove11 View Post
Is this movie scattered with lame childish humor? I like heist movies but recent movies in the Asian market that I've tried to watch such as Sector 7 and Quick have been peppered by Bad, like really really bad humor in them that set movies back to the 3 stooges days. The overacting and grown childish actors make me stop the movie after just a few minutes. It's hard to believe that there are directors out there who think pple will eat this stuff up in this day and age or are unaware that this stuff can ruin an otherwise good serious movie.
There are a couple comedic relief characters, but they aren't as ridiculously over the top as what you're describing. Yes, I've run into this problem too quite a few times. This is much more adult all the way through.

Twitter: @AaronPeck