'Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 2' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM

Default 'Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 2' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 2'. This is highly recommended. Here's why...
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7323...n_tdkr_p2.html
Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 PM

Unlike Silent Hill Revelations, this movie was incredible. I am very impressed with how this movie turned out and I just love how brutal Joker was. Just watching him go down the Tunnel of Love shooting everyone in sight was incredible. Not to mention the angles they used when his body was burning. Not to mention the fight against Superman was very well done and it just shows how Bruce is easily superior to Superman and he would never stand a chance if Bruce ever got truly serious.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 PM

Lol, Batman "beating" Superman was a "work". Miller hates Supes, that was fan service, nothing more. Superman would top any superhuman, let alone a power-less Wayne. Good detective work doesn't match up to cosmic megapower.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:37 AM

And I agree with why Miller would hate him. Superman is a tool. He is a goody good that is too good for his own good. lol I prefer Superman to have a dark side to him, as he is just a boring character without one. He can do no wrong and can have any ability he wants. That is why I find all (yes, ALL) of the live action movies to be boring. There is no threat in them because any threat Superman can just fix with whatever made up ability he can think up. Oh, someone died? He can just rewind time by flying really fast. Don't want your identity compromised? Erase that person's memories with a kiss. He can lift up a huge island made of Kryptonite, fly out in space without any effects, etc.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 AM

Miller's portrayal of Supes as a government stooge has always been wrong. But the batle between them is certainly a joy to watch. Agreed that the extra powers the old Superman films gave him were weak, but he's still a fine character.

Also, the bonus episodes all relate to some aspect of the film. Brave and the Bold has Batman wearing the 'Superman buster' armor, The Man Who Killed Batman deals with how Gotham and the Joker would react to the loss of Batman, etc.

Anyway, my only complaint about this movie is Peter Weller's wooden performance. He makes a fine robot, but nuance and depth just aren't in his acting resume. Plus he sounds completely the same as both Bruce and Bats.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM

But Bruce is supposed to sound wooden since he is in his 50s. Bruce has never had much of a personality, so it works.

Granted, I would still have preferred Michael Ironside, but Weller pulled off what he was supposed to do. In fact, it made me think of this:

Bruce - So what are you doing tonight?

Barbara - Same thing we do every night Pinky.

Bruce - What?

Barbara - Nevermind.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM

Blind bought this and part 1. Both are pretty awesome, but I think I preferred part 2 more. Superman v. Batman was fantastic.

Apparently I'm on an animated DC movie kick as I just bought Wonder Woman and Under the Red Hood as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Apparently I'm on an animated DC movie kick as I just bought Wonder Woman and Under the Red Hood as well.
Those are two of the best ones.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Those are two of the best ones.
Ben mentioned your appreciation of the Wonder Woman flick, which got me curious so I just went ahead and ordered it. I think it was only $11 or so no Amazon.

I've already seen Red Hood, just wanted to own it/rewatch it. How is Year One?
Old 02-06-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Ben mentioned your appreciation of the Wonder Woman flick, which got me curious so I just went ahead and ordered it. I think it was only $11 or so no Amazon.

I've already seen Red Hood, just wanted to own it/rewatch it. How is Year One?
year one is on netflix streaming