'Tom and Jerry: The Golden Collection - Volume 2' is coming June 11 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 PM

Default 'Tom and Jerry: The Golden Collection - Volume 2' is coming June 11

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8664...golden_v2.html
Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM

Still need to buy the first set. Can't believe the price is still up there.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 PM

I need to start buying the first one then. It's so damm pricey though.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Still waiting for the HDD review of the first one. Having all of the T&J on DVD already, the Blu-ray transfer has to be something really special. If it's not pristine, gonna be hard to pay for an upgrade.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaggas View Post
Still waiting for the HDD review of the first one. Having all of the T&J on DVD already, the Blu-ray transfer has to be something really special. If it's not pristine, gonna be hard to pay for an upgrade.
How I feel at this point. I own the 3 dvd sets and I don't want to rebuy them unless they are honestly worth it.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 AM

The bad news is that according to the track listing, "Mouse Cleaning" (1948) and "Casanova Cat" (1951) are missing from this set. These are the same cartoons that were censored from the DVDs, and if they're also left out from this series, it is incredibly dissappointing. Especially after they stated that Mouse Cleaning was being restored "at great expense" for this volume.

Until it's confirmed that these cartoons are included as bonus cartoons, or that the track listing was wrong, and they're actually part of the main content, I'll stay away from this release.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondmm View Post
The bad news is that according to the track listing, "Mouse Cleaning" (1948) and "Casanova Cat" (1951) are missing from this set. These are the same cartoons that were censored from the DVDs, and if they're also left out from this series, it is incredibly dissappointing. Especially after they stated that Mouse Cleaning was being restored "at great expense" for this volume.

Until it's confirmed that these cartoons are included as bonus cartoons, or that the track listing was wrong, and they're actually part of the main content, I'll stay away from this release.
Yes I really want to know about the censoring and if they are included, etc.

I'm really sick of the censoring BS
Old 02-09-2013, 03:57 PM

I believe the best way to voice our displeasure regarding the two censored cartoons is to write a negative "review" on Amazon. I normally wouldn't advocate a negative review prior to an item being released, but if this goes through as currently planned it will be too late by then. The time to act is now if there is any hope Warner Brothers may reverse their decision to not include these two shorts. The only thing that will change their mind is customer feedback in ways that count. Amazon reviews definitely count and have the potential to impact sales and hence the company bottom line.