'The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia' is coming April 16 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 PM

Default 'The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia' is coming April 16

What a dumb title. Why not just call it 'The Haunting in Georgia'?
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8659...necticut2.html
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM

I have the perfect tagline for such a clever title:

"You never thought there would be a Haunting in Connecticut 2, but if there was, at least you could count on it taking place in... Georgia."
Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 AM

I can't decide which movie has the most idiotic title, this one or The Last Exorcism II.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM

Pass. I'll wait for "The Haunting in Georgia: Ghosts of Connecticut."
Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if this movie started out as another movie altogether.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this movie started out as another movie altogether.
I think there's a 100% certainty of that.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 PM

The Haunting in Connecticut 3: Still Not in Connecticut, but This Time in New Jersey!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I can't decide which movie has the most idiotic title, this one or The Last Exorcism II.
Agreed. It's as bad as all those "FINAL Fantasy" (insert # here) games.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM

I took it to mean that ghosts had relocated from Georgia, and that the actual haunting will still in fact take place in Connecticut. Nothing wrong with the title whatsoever.

Or maybe a person named Georgia, who lives or has previously lived in Connecticut, has, or has had ghosts, and they are currently involved in a haunting of some kind within the state lines of Connecticut.

I didn't read the synopsis though, I like to let my imagination run wild.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:21 AM

Agreed, bad title, contradictory really. But, I really liked the original "AHIC", I know that it wasn't terribly well recieved by critcs and some movie goers. I suppose what really got me were the special features on the Blu-ray with the real family talking of their experiences etc. Made it feel much scarier and real. Believer or skeptic. I read that "they're" going to do a Trilogy of AHIC theatrical movies ("sequels" nothing to do with Connecticut, though), don't know if this one or the 3rd has any "true story" aspects to them like the 1st? I supppose they feel as if they've made some sort of name with AHIC and they hope people will connect/recognize the name and... I LOVE good scary, not necessarily, gory movies a whole lot. Just seems that there's so many are derivative and NOT scary, or worse boring and beyond predictable offering in this genre. Any good suggestions? I just saw "The Awakening (2011)" and thought it was decent, certainly not revelatory though. But, a step above the typical crap "us horror fans" get most of the time.