'Tai Chi Zero' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Attebery's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,716
Default 'Tai Chi Zero' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'Tai Chi Zero.' Here's what he has to say about this wild little movie...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7980/tc_zero.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 109
Default

Why is Bryan taking his name off all his reviews and replacing the byline with "By High-Def Digest Staff?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-18-2013, 03:33 PM
malakai's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,318
Default

Why is Tai Chi 0 being released in 2D in North America, while 0 and Hero have already been released in 3D elsewhere? This is at least the fifth movie to not get the 3D treatment in North America: The Hole, The Mortician, Wolfhound, Resident Evil Damnation, and now this.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
Why is Tai Chi 0 being released in 2D in North America, while 0 and Hero have already been released in 3D elsewhere? This is at least the fifth movie to not get the 3D treatment in North America: The Hole, The Mortician, Wolfhound, Resident Evil Damnation, and now this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_films

Scar (Germany stereoscopic, America anaglyph), Battle for Terra (Germany 3D), Alpha & Omega (HK 3D), A Turtle's Tale (UK, France, Germany, HK 3D), Jackass 3D (no 3d anywhere that I know of), and Justin Beaver (ditto) all say hi. Neither RE animated film shows up on that list, either (Damnation and Degeneration).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
skinnyb37's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 187
Default

if nothing else, this review made me look up the reference "steampunk"...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 PM
malakai's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_films

Scar (Germany stereoscopic, America anaglyph), Battle for Terra (Germany 3D), Alpha & Omega (HK 3D), A Turtle's Tale (UK, France, Germany, HK 3D), Jackass 3D (no 3d anywhere that I know of), and Justin Beaver (ditto) all say hi. Neither RE animated film shows up on that list, either (Damnation and Degeneration).
I have Battle for Terra 3D, I think I got i at grooves-inc but not sure... Forgot completely about that one. Strange that RE Damnation isn't on the list. It's going to be released in Japan on the 30th of this month:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/biohazard-...0-en/info.html

-

EDIT: Looks like Universal Soldier IV: Day of Reckoning is not getting a 3D release in the US, while Germany, UK, and Australia have it. Also, the 2D release in North America is the dumbed down version, while Germany gets the uncut version. Just another 3D movie we can add to the list of not being released in America....

Last edited by malakai; 01-22-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,004
Default

From time to time, I see reviews like this. The content of the review is much
more positive than the stars awarded.

Reading Bryan's reviews for both Tai Chi Zero and Hero, they are about
equally complimentary of the films.

But Zero gets 2.5 stars for the film itself, and Hero gets 4 stars?

Don't mean to be picky, but 2.5 versus 4 is a big difference. I think Bryan
likes Hero a little more, but the numbers suggest it's night and day.

Anyway, I went with Bryan's (I think) positive review and picked them up.
$13 with Best Buy's Upgrade & Save program meant $8 each. $8 for a new
release and the slipcovers on both sealed the deal.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:36 PM
malakai's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
From time to time, I see reviews like this. The content of the review is much
more positive than the stars awarded.

Reading Bryan's reviews for both Tai Chi Zero and Hero, they are about
equally complimentary of the films.

But Zero gets 2.5 stars for the film itself, and Hero gets 4 stars?

Don't mean to be picky, but 2.5 versus 4 is a big difference. I think Bryan
likes Hero a little more, but the numbers suggest it's night and day.

Anyway, I went with Bryan's (I think) positive review and picked them up.
$13 with Best Buy's Upgrade & Save program meant $8 each. $8 for a new
release and the slipcovers on both sealed the deal.
I thought the first one was a much better film than the second.. Can't remember why, but I watched them about a day apart and in 3D.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keanu Reeves to direct a martial arts tale, Man of Tai Chi. Please Let This Happen! thejnc Film Forum 6 09-04-2013 08:34 PM
'Tai Chi Hero' - High-Def Digest Review Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 07-29-2013 03:54 PM
'Tai Chi Hero' is coming July 23 scohen Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 04-10-2013 09:07 PM
Tai Chi 3D Boxset, Imports, a steelbook, etc For SALE PhantomBill Blu-ray Disc Exchange 3 02-20-2013 11:14 PM
'Tai Chi Zero' is coming January 22 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 10-25-2012 05:05 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off