More Double Features are coming from Mill Creek on March 26 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 PM

I picked a few up at Walmart for under $5 each. That is about what they are worth, so far.
Most are only 2 channel audio, although all are in DTS HD Master.

Attack Force/Into The Sun: "Attack Force" is badly out of sync - had to adjust in the player to 120msec (the max) to get close. "Into The Sun" has a great deal of japanese dialogue in it. The english subtitles do include subtitles for the japanese dialogue, but there is no way to only have subtitles during the japanese scenes (ie. no forced subtitles). So either you have subtitles on all the time, or constantly switch them on and off, or learn japanese. These are typical Steven Seagal flicks - made long after he should have stopped making them - but I expect he hasn't the ability to make anything else either. PQ & AQ were "ok" - even 5.1 audio - but still nothing that will convince anyone to buy into HD for sure.

Hollywood Homicide/Hudson Hawk: Hollywood Homicide is a decent Harrison Ford/Josh Hartnett police partner flick. Both the PQ & AQ were fine - Hollywood Homicide even has DTS HD Master 5.1 audio. I haven't watched Hudson Hawk yet

"Color Of Night/Playing God": I haven't watched either of these, but I did throw "Color Of Night" into the player to see if the video is much improved because I recall it being terrible on laser disc & dvd. The PQ is still terrible - must be really bad source material.

Another odd thing about these titles. My tower computer (with a Lite-On BD drive) wants no part of these discs. This is not a playback question, as the discs are not even recognized as being in the drive. But the ones I have tried in my standalone Sony player work fine. And every one of them loads up just fine in my HP laptop BD drive. The Lite-On drive in my tower has always worked 100% with every title I have thrown at it - until these Mill Creek discs.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 AM

I'm down for The Replacement Killers / Truth or Consequences, N.M.