'One Good Cop / A Stranger Among Us' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 AM

Default 'One Good Cop / A Stranger Among Us' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed the 'One Good Cop / A Stranger Among Us' 2 pack. How bad can a double feature be? Let Mr. Peck tell you...

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7570...er_double.html
Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM

Default another crap review...

One Good cop is very underrated. I hate the reviews on this site. The cast is incredible - never dull and all the acting is great. I suppose My Life as a piece of junk too...no value there.

Last edited by eNoize; 01-17-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: inappropriate language/personal attacks
Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 PM

Well, that certainly isn't an over reaction.

Last edited by darkash; 01-17-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Removing quote.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkash View Post
Well, that certainly isn't an over reaction.
Quoting someone breaking forum decor (personal attacks, like, bad ones) only makes them show up 2x. Report those comments.

No reviewer deserves to be called that kind of name for expressing an opinion. He took his time to inform readers about a disc that few others have so far (as many look past bargain double features), taking 2x the work to do a single review due to there being 2 films, and his thanks is a guy spewing some pretty nasty hate (with a post history that is both brief and vitriolic). BS, man.

Aaron, question: why did this disc get 1 star ratings for extras and HD exclusive extras when the review mentions no supplements? Probably a booboo and a real quick fix.

Last edited by project-blu; 01-17-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:29 PM

Aaron's review is spot on. I picked this up for $4 a few months ago, and I couldn't make it through either of these movies...so terribly boring. One Good Cop is worse, and far more melodramatic, than any Lifetime movie I've ever seen.

And are we sure The_Ritty isn't Michael Keaton or the director of One Good Cop? He seems a bit butt hurt.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 PM

This was a great purchase at Walmart for under $5 - to replace my laser discs of both of these films. They are not prize winning films, but they are very enjoyable and well worth snagging for under $2.50 each in high def.
Update: I have now watched this disc. It worked fine, the movies were enjoyable, the PQ & AQ were nothing to write home about but "ok" and for under $5, it is a great buy.

Last edited by Rich86; 02-01-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Banned

The best double disc I have from Mill Creek is Color Of Night / Playing God. Color Of Night is one of the most entertaining dumbass movies I've ever seen.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 AM

Walmart has a pretty nice selection of the Mill Creek double features- probably ALL of the releases, actually. For $5 for two films, I'm not sure anyone is expecting great transfers. I picked up the Hostel/Hostel 2 set, and the audio included was not from the director's cut, so the final scene was out of sync. Emailed Mill Creek, got a quick response, and they promptly sent a proper replacement for free. That particular set has been corrected, I believe.

I realize this has nothing to do with this disc in particular. Just thought I would give that little company a shout, since the customer service was pretty awesome.

I also bought the trash-fest 'Color of Night', doubled with 'Playing God', and 'Deep Rising'/'Puppet Masters'. None of the transfers are award-winning. But again, for $5...
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
No reviewer deserves to be called that kind of name for expressing an opinion. He took his time to inform readers about a disc that few others have so far (as many look past bargain double features), taking 2x the work to do a single review due to there being 2 films, and his thanks is a guy spewing some pretty nasty hate (with a post history that is both brief and vitriolic). BS, man.
And yet he isn't banned. I'm sure he'll go on to be a valuable commenter and definitely not insult or annoy anyone again.

Anyway, I enjoyed the review. Some of Mill Creek's combo discs are worth a buy (despite their horrendous covers), but I'll probably skip over this one.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 AM

Picked this one up for $2.25 (+ shipping) on eBay. Never seen or heard of the movies before, but I like Michael Keaton. Hoping it's not really quite as bad as it sounds... But for a dollar a piece, I can't complain anyway.