'The Possession' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM

Default 'The Possession' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'The Possession.' He fully recommends this one. Here's why...
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7994...ossession.html
Old 01-15-2013, 09:29 PM

I thought this movie was awful. It was predictable, it was boring, and it has been done before.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I thought this movie was awful. It was predictable, it was boring, and it has been done before.
Couldn't agree more. I just register to quote you and let the author know that he cannot give the movie 4/5 stars, it's one of the worst film ever made.

ADVISE: DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFETIME TO WATCH THIS TRASH!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM

Default Huh

I was curious about this movie, but Drag Me To Hell was just a big piece of garbage. I love Raimi but that film was just terrible. If that's the comparison ill skip Possession...
Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 PM

I watched this last night after seeing this review and I, too, found it to be pretty bad. I didn't find it scary, and I didn't really like any of the characters. The writing was pretty sloppy and I thought the score was a little heavy handed to make up for the poor writing, characters and lack of actually scary content.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 PM

I love reading posts that continually trash a movie LOL

Sometimes it makes me want to see it
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM

I thought this was rather good, mainly due to the performance of the young girl. Worst film ever made? Give me a break.:yay:
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 PM

I watched this tonight and I thought there were some very effective scenes in this movie. It might have been the fact that I was watching this by myself, at night, with all the lights off, but I had to admit there were some scenes in this that genuinely creeped me out.

That being said, I'm hesitant to go a 4 out of 5 on this movie. Despite the creepy scenes, far too much of the movie came off as generic. I'd probably go somewhere between a 3-3.5 on this movie. If you're a fan of horror flicks in any way then this is at least worth a rent....it's better than other generic stuff like Case 39...
Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 AM

watched it last night and I thought it was good. It is too hard to be "original" in horror films these days and the way they portrayed the possession was good. Yes it was a bit predictable, but aren't they all nowadays.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 AM

Just finished watching it, and I didn't care for it. The build-up for a showdown was decent and admirable, but the finish was a real letdown. It just flopped and into withered into a slow death of predictability.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael