'Guns, Girls, and Gambling' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM

Default 'Guns, Girls, and Gambling' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Guns, Girls, and Gambling.' It feels like he's seen parts of this movie six or Slevin times before...

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7982..._gambling.html
Old 01-09-2013, 04:40 PM

Nothing about this movie reeks of originality.

The plot has been lifted from Slevin, the Elvis impersonator thing has been done to death, even the trailers are designed to look like the trailers of other better movies like Seven Psychopaths and Smokin Aces
Old 01-09-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicSpike View Post
Nothing about this movie reeks of originality.

The plot has been lifted from Slevin, the Elvis impersonator thing has been done to death, even the trailers are designed to look like the trailers of other better movies like Seven Psychopaths and Smokin Aces
You are correct sir.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM

Caught this on Netflix streaming. Expected it to be really bad because of this review but since I had such lowered expectations I enjoyed it. I liked Lucky Number Slevin a lot. I didn't find this one to be as blatant a rip off as it's being said to be outside of the revenge plot. In fact Lucky No Slevin wouldn't have crossed my mind til the end of the movie, if it would at all. It had its moments & I can attest that I've seen much, much worse dtdvd ventures, sadly..