'House at the End of the Street' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2013, 11:04 AM

Default 'House at the End of the Street' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'House at the End of the Street.' Here's what he thought...
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7986/house_street.html
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 AM

I want to see this for Lawrence and Shue, a hottie and a MILF

LOL
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 AM

I watched this last night, and although this is a very generic (unoriginal) thriller, I believe that it deserves more than a one star rating. All I can say is that if I'm looking forward to a movie, I skip reading all reviews until after I've seen the movie, and most of the time, that's a good thing. In most case, we differ when a reviewer gives a movie more stars than it deserves and it turns out to be completely off.

In this day and age, there isn't much that is original. Hollywood just keeps recycling, remaking, and rebooting the same old stuff. I'd personally give this movie at least 2.5 stars.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
I'd personally give this movie at least 2.5 stars.
That's still not much of an endorsement.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
That's still not much of an endorsement.
LOL still 1 star us BAD, 2.5 is decent. I see malakai's point.
I heard this was decent film from some friends. Definitely will give it a rent.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM

IMO, Contagion, Quarantine, Paranormal Activity 1-x, Blair Witch, and Skyline are 1 star (or less) movies, films I would never consider watching a second time, and in some cases, not watch all the way through the first time. Compared to those movies, House at the End of the Street is a cinematic masterpiece.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Default hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
IMO, Contagion, Quarantine, Paranormal Activity 1-x, Blair Witch, and Skyline are 1 star (or less) movies, films I would never consider watching a second time, and in some cases, not watch all the way through the first time. Compared to those movies, House at the End of the Street is a cinematic masterpiece.
As slow as it was I couldn't imagine giving Contagion just one star. It was slow but it was still well made and well acted. Now the latest Resident Evil (or any after the first reall)...now that I would give 1 star. And blair witch too. What an awful piece of garbage.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Yeah, this movie deserves one star. Great review Luke! I don't want to waste any time typing about this drivel, so I'll just say your thoughts on the movie match mine exactly. "Dream House" even had more scares and twists than this POS.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:40 PM

Maybe it was the plot twist "you didn't see in theaters", because NOBODY actually saw it in theaters. So, nothing extra needed to be added.