'The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season 1' is coming April 9 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Default 'The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season 1' is coming April 9

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8486/tdvds_s1.html
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 AM

Woooo!

It's time for the **** van **** show, starring **** van ****!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 PM

Excited to see this - before, all you had was the complete set. I have been wanting it, but can't sink that much money at one time. Breaking this up by season, and I may start picking them up
Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM

Columbo maybe.. MASH possibly.. but I'm still puzzled by this coming to blu ray - at the very least before Lucy or the Honeymooners? Those fan bases must be larger.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainArcher View Post
Columbo maybe.. MASH possibly.. but I'm still puzzled by this coming to blu ray - at the very least before Lucy or the Honeymooners? Those fan bases must be larger.
The first two seasons of Lucy are available on Amazon in HD. Looks amazing.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:51 PM

Image used to give us LPCM, now they've joined the dts HD bandwagon. What's up with this nonsense? Don't they know older players convert dts HD to dts lossy? No reason for it. LPCM would have fit on here.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
Image used to give us LPCM, now they've joined the dts HD bandwagon. What's up with this nonsense? Don't they know older players convert dts HD to dts lossy? No reason for it. LPCM would have fit on here.
You must have a really old player (like early 2006) if it doens't support bitstreaming of DTS HD or internal decoding of the DTS HD to LPCM. And older recievers (at least the ones I seemed) didn't seem to support 5.1 in LPCM over Toslink - you had to have a reciever that supported HDMI, and most (if not all) of those are going to support HD audio. There is no reason anymore to put LPCM soundtracks on discs. DTS MA and Dolby TrueHD give you an identical sound to LPCM and use less disc space.

If you honestly have a player that doesn't support bitstreaming or internal decoding to LPCM of HD audio, and firmware updates haven't corrected this issue, I think its time to spend $80 on a new player, or even $40-$50 for a used / refurbished one.

I am willing to bet that if your player is so old it doesn't support internal decoding or bitstreaming of HD audio, it is one of the really early players that only does 1080i anyways.