Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Attebery is offline Member

Default 'Looper' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'Looper.' He's a big fan. The Blu-ray is a knockout. A must own for fans and highly recommended for everyone else!

Full review here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7924/looper.html
    Check out my author website and
    get a free copy of BRICK RANSOM!
    www.mikeattebery.com

I watched this yesterday and liked it. Wasn't what I was expecting though based on the trailers. Still a good movie though.

Spoiler:
    Still a few things that don't quite make sense though, but I can forgive it since the rest was great. My main beef is that since he killed himself at the end when he was younger, the old Joe would have never existed and never returned, thus young Joe would never have been in the position to kill himself as he never would have been able to be a Looper since there was no older version of him
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Boston007 is offline Member

My HMV steelbook is on order.

I have never paid for Amazon video rental but tonight I am going to rent this because I want to see it so badly.

Landy is offline Go Jets Go!

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    I watched this yesterday and liked it. Wasn't what I was expecting though based on the trailers. Still a good movie though.

Spoiler:
    Still a few things that don't quite make sense though, but I can forgive it since the rest was great. My main beef is that since he killed himself at the end when he was younger, the old Joe would have never existed and never returned, thus young Joe would never have been in the position to kill himself as he never would have been able to be a Looper since there was no older version of him
    But time travel works in mysterious ways...

Pioneer14 is offline Member

Don't let this loop run! It's a keeper! Joseph Gordon Levitt is developing into one great actor! It seems like he has been in every good movie the last 6 mos!
    "A diamond is just a chunk of coal that made good under pressure."

NJScorpio is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer14 View Post
    Joseph Gordon Levitt is developing into one great actor! It seems like he has been in every good movie the last 6 mos!
    I agree. It reminds me of Tom Hardy. Both have been in movies for years, but suddenly I see them in most every movie I'm enjoying lately.

As for Looper, I enjoyed it even more than I expected.

The only thing I didn't care for was...

Spoiler:
    the whole TK thing. It was introduced early, then just barely mentioned till the kid's power is revealed. It makes it pretty apparent that it would be a "suprise" variable involved in the ending when it had nothing to do with the begining or middle of the story. Though, it did make for an exciting ending.
    Last edited by NJScorpio; 01-02-2013 at 03:33 PM.

AlbertX is offline Member

After reading so many ravashing reviews I really wanted to see and love this movie, but for some reason it didn't click with me.

Is not a bad movie, but something is off and it kind missed the mark.

I know nobody knows how time travel works so whatever we say about it is just pure bullshit (for example if you travel in X point on earth to 30 years back, the earth can be in another position in space so you technically could appear just in the middle of space), so many things we just take it, but I find some of the ideas here so off.

And to no talk about what happens on the second half I was like really? really?

I don't know I wanted to love this movie and was kind of dissapointed

I admit to being a total Rian Johnson fanbo. For me, Brothers Bloom is a perfect little film and Brick is one of the great debuts of the past twenty years. Right up there with Reservoir Dogs.

Looper, as well, is pretty damn perfect. Great performances, wonderful writing and incredible practical effects.

People seem to be hating on the second half for some reason, but that to me seems similar to hating on the second half of Jaws, with the men taking their time on the Orca. Just because constant firefights don't happen, doesn't mean that it isn't exciting.

Karsukoro is offline Member

Ugh, maybe I got a bad batch but my version of the film which is the alliance steel book from Future Shop has terrible image quality, very close to DVD image. I wonder if I should return it or if more ppl are having the same issue.
    JVC HD-56FC97 1080P
    Onkyo TX-SR605 Receiver
    Playstation 3 80gb
    Toshiba HD-DVD A2
    =119
    =10
    Loving High Def...

dianebrat is offline Member

I think the most surprising thing in the commentary was that while Rian Johnson involved Shane Carruth, he didn't make any changes because of him in regards to time travel. I would love to find out a bit more in depth as to what Shane thought wasn't right.

AlbertX is offline Member

Spider is not the pacing of the second half, is what happens I dont want to spoiler the whole story there that I find kind of out of the blue.

But what happens is totally in tune with the rest of the movie, so I don't get what the problem here is.

NJScorpio is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertX View Post
    Spider is not the pacing of the second half, is what happens I dont want to spoiler the whole story there that I find kind of out of the blue.
    IMO, part of the problem is how it's not quite out of the blue.

Spoiler:
    It's like...Here is this TK thing, which has no impact on the begining or middle of the story. So either it's just added for no reason, or expect it to be part of the ending twist!

Neo991lb is offline Member

I loved the first half of the movie, the second half I almost hated. It felt very disjointed, it completely changes pace, setting, tone, theme, etc from one half to the next. I was bored to tears and couldn't wait to leave the theater.

Very disappointing, I really wanted to like this one but it let me down.

paaron46 is offline Movie Dude

My 2nd favorite film of 2012, right behind 'Zero Dark Thirty'.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast