'Harold & Kumar: Ultimate Collector's Edition ' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Default 'Harold & Kumar: Ultimate Collector's Edition ' - High-Def Digest Review

Daniel has reviewed the 'Harold & Kumar: Ultimate Collector's Edition' on Blu-ray. Is this set worth picking up? Read on for the answer...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7506...kumar_uce.html
Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 PM

I was back and forth on this, glad I didn't buy though. Lack of the 3D version just seems pointless due to the fact the movie has gags involving the 3D
Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hirshleifer-review
Dude, Change The Movie! One of the more annoying special features I've encountered lately, "Dude, Change The Movie!" stops the feature film as you watch it to let you decide how certain segments play out. The most obvious example would be at the bottomless party, which you can instead choose to view as a topless party. However, you can still choose to view the movie as normal, which seems like kind of a silly option since you could watch it normally anytime by just, you know, watching the movie. The options are often not clear as to which one provides the new footage, and most of the different footage isn't very funny. This is a terrible way to watch any movie.
Dude! That's one of the best bonus features on ANY home video release (BD or DVD). You obviously didn't stick with it enough to see all the outcomes. This is essentially a 'choose-your-own-adventure' for key plot points in the movie, and a lot of thought had obviously been put into this, perhaps even when they were actually filming the movie (since sets are re-used).

If having the 'bottomless party' option to the 'topless party' scene in the movie isn't cool enough, there are some very funny optional outcomes (especially when you choose the worst possible scenario for Harold & Kumar to take, as in the prison scene).

I am completely perplexed as to how you would rate this so low if you actually viewed all the optional scenes.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

I did view all the optional scenes, and I would rather have seen them as alternate scenes in a separate bonus feature instead of having to watch the whole movie just to get to the few good bits. I did enjoy the mini-movie if you choose to have them not smoke pot on the plane, though.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:53 PM

is this the only way to get A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas Extended Cut as a non-flipper disc?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

It would appear so, yes.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM

I wish they would have released a version without the bottomless scenes in parts 2 and 3. I could have done without those. Oh well.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
It would appear so, yes.
I might pick it up when it goes below $30 then and swap discs with my individual releases

and then sell it back to Moviestop or something
Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM

When I watched Part 2 from Netflix I also had the audio pops. It's really bad and I have seen it mentioned in other forums. I bought the movie later on anyway but still have it sealed if they ever fix it. Haven't had the desire to watch it again yet.