'The Amazing Spider-Man (Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM

Default 'The Amazing Spider-Man (Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'The Amazing Spider-Man (Combo Pack)' has just been posted. Nate had his doubts at first, but this is a great flick. The Blu-ray combo pack features some of the best looking video on the market, extremely impressive audio, and a whole disc's worth of supplements. A must own.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7497...man_combo.html
Old 11-08-2012, 02:45 PM

Finally a review that lists the proper audio information. All I kept finding was listings for "Chinese" for the audio listings... now I know it has Mandarin dub, I was hoping for Cantonese but oh well. Still this release imo is loads better than most releases of new movies that only have English and maybe Spanish and French as options.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:47 PM

Yes... they were very 'brave' to 'retread' the Spiderman origins story. Sometimes people crack me up.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM

thanks, Nate, I've been on the fence about this and you put me over, I'll be using up my reward zone certs to grab this tomorrow methinks
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM

How this wasn't deducted 4 stars for the Crane scene alone baffles me, Nate.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 11-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
At least in the crane sequence Spidey's webslinging is off, at least SELLING the injury, and making that subplot come full circle, albeit a little too conveniently. It's the same as the New Yawkahs throwing trash at the Green Goblin in Spidey 1. America, Ben. AMERICA.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:24 PM

Default A great adapation

While i really enjoyed the first two spider-man films, this was the kind of spider-man film I've been wanting. The casting was pretty much perfect (while i agree sally fields isn't who i would want for Aunt may she was 10x better than the one in Raimi's), the action was slick (spider-man actually uses his webbing in fights like he didn't really do before), and spider-man himself was just as he should be. Young, naive, sarcastic and vulnerable. Great flick. Can't wait to see where this series goes!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Crane scene is why this is the best Marvel movie evah.

Got my 3D steelbook hopefully being delivered tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM

While I thought the crane scene seemed completely useless in the story, I didn't feel quite as offended by it as I did by the scene with the little boy on the bridge.
"Here, you can use my Spider-Man mask! It'll give you spider-powers! Available at your local Target Store!"
Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM

That's cause you're dead inside.