HDD Interviews 'Prometheus' Blu-ray Producer Charles de Lauzirika - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-25-2012, 01:58 PM

Default HDD Interviews 'Prometheus' Blu-ray Producer Charles de Lauzirika

Ever wondered where Blu-rays come from, how your favorite film goes from the big screen to your Blu-ray player with pretty little menus, specials features galore, and loads of behind-the-scenes makings-of featurettes? Meet Charles de Lauzirika, seasoned Blu-ray Producer and the man responsible for the recent fully-loaded and glorious 'Prometheus' Blu-ray:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...auzirika/10407
Old 10-26-2012, 11:50 AM

I really want to watch Prometheus with the deleted scenes in the film but trying to do that with my stupid Ipad while wearing 3D glasses sounds like a real pain. Even in non 3D having the light from my Ipad in my dark theater room would be too distracting
Old 10-26-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERV View Post
I really want to watch Prometheus with the deleted scenes in the film but trying to do that with my stupid Ipad while wearing 3D glasses sounds like a real pain. Even in non 3D having the light from my Ipad in my dark theater room would be too distracting
The second screen mode doesn't add the scenes into the film in any kind of cinematic way as if they were properly edited into an extended edition, so I think the light from your ipad would be the least of your concerns in terms of distraction. The feature is more like the "Follow the White Rabbit" feature on the Matrix DVD. It's not meant to be part of a cinematic experience.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:45 AM

Nice story. It's cool to be able to look behind the scenes with someone who does the behind the scenes on Blu Rays.
I wish there was a real way to watch Prometheus with all the deleted/alternate scenes put back in though, since after viewing those scenes, I've come to the conclusion that the movie would have been better (or at least less confusing) if those had been put in the film. It's almost as if they were taken out to cause confusion or annoy the viewers.