'Wall Street: Filmmakers Signature Series' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-05-2012, 03:46 PM

Default 'Wall Street: Filmmakers Signature Series' - High-Def Digest Review

Steven has reviewed 'Wall Street: Filmmakers Signature Series.' He says a double sip may be a worthwhile investment!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7707...treet_fss.html
Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 PM

The first blu ray release of this movie may very well be the worst video quality of any blu ray I've ever watched. It honestly looked like VHS, a bad one at that. I have to figure this is a huge improvement.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroVega View Post
The first blu ray release of this movie may very well be the worst video quality of any blu ray I've ever watched. It honestly looked like VHS, a bad one at that. I have to figure this is a huge improvement.
While I didn't abhor the original release that much, I have to say that this review is rather useless. What's the point of reviewing BUT for comparing the technical quality to the prior release (especially when the subjective part of the review is reused)?

I would love to know if this warrants re-purchasing, but based on this review...it's still the same difference as the day I first saw this on the Best Buy shelf and contemplated picking it up.:doh2:
Old 10-06-2012, 10:06 AM

Agreed - comparison with the prior release is essential to the review. It's available used on Amazon for $8 delivered. If you want me to send over my copy, just let me know.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM

tom rothman useless? say it aint so!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:10 PM

The reviewer who covered the original release of Wall Street for the site back in the day no longer works here.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Hmmm, a possible request for a re-review of the first film for comparison purposes maybe? Don't get me wrong, I think this is a nice stand alone review (and thank you for it), just in the particular context of this release, a comparison would be VERY helpful.

I have to think that most people interested in this review probably have the original release and we really want to know if a double dip is worth it......
Old 10-08-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
Hmmm, a possible request for a re-review of the first film for comparison purposes maybe? Don't get me wrong, I think this is a nice stand alone review (and thank you for it), just in the particular context of this release, a comparison would be VERY helpful.

I have to think that most people interested in this review probably have the original release and we really want to know if a double dip is worth it......
My sentiments exactly.