Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Attebery is offline Member

Default 'The Game' (Criterion Edition) - High-Def Digest Review

Steven has reviewed the Criterion Collection's release of 'The Game.' He says this twisting suspense film has only improved with age! Criterion has released the film on Blu-ray with an excellent video transfer, two exceptional audio options (both of which give audiences an effectively moody experience), and a very nice selection of supplements. Highly Recommended.

Full review here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4121/thegame.html
    Check out my author website and
    get a free copy of BRICK RANSOM!
    www.mikeattebery.com

signia76 is offline Banned

If only this wasn't a Criterion release so I could buy it at a decent price.

MrAngles is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by signia76 View Post
    Yeah if only... oh wait, there are non-criterion releases of The Game, here's what "if only it wasn't a Criterion release" gets you:
    HD DVD Review: The Game | High-Def Digest - $5.43 @ amazon.com

Blu-ray Review: The Game (UK Import) | High-Def Digest - $16.41 @ amazon.co.uk
    RIP Kosty you are missed.

DaveT1081 is offline Member

Snagged this early last week from Amazon for $25 which I thought was a decent price for a pre-order. Often the only way I'll splurge for Criterions is on the 2nd hand "like new" market or yesterday's 1/2 price sale - my taste always seems to exceed my finances. Watched this over the weekend and the review is spot on - beautiful presentation, great extras. Love this movie.

It's half off today for about another hour on Criterion.com.

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
    It's half off today for about another hour on Criterion.com.
    It's OOS on Criterion.com isn't it? That's what I heard and that FLASH sale is good for only instock items.

Signia just wait, it will drop on Amazon to around $20 I bet, well worth it at that price IMO

Thulsadoom is offline Member

I love The Game. It's easily one of Fincher's best three, along with Alien 3 and Se7en. The rest I can honestly forget, from Fight Club to Panic Room (Benjamin Button was okay, but still not 'must buy it' good). I can also blame this film with getting me into Jefferson Airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    It's OOS on Criterion.com isn't it? That's what I heard and that FLASH sale is good for only instock items.

Signia just wait, it will drop on Amazon to around $20 I bet, well worth it at that price IMO
    Ah, it may have gone into backorder status due to the sale. I got mine in yesterday right at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Thulsadoom View Post
    I love The Game. It's easily one of Fincher's best three, along with Alien 3 and Se7en. The rest I can honestly forget, from Fight Club to Panic Room (Benjamin Button was okay, but still not 'must buy it' good). I can also blame this film with getting me into Jefferson Airplane.
    I hated Fight Club. i liked A3 as well. never saw Panic Room

Weird to hear anyone say Alien 3 is in Fincher's best three.

slimdude is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    I hated Fight Club. i liked A3 as well. never saw
    Panic Room
    I didn't like Fight Club either! Fight Club is a idiotic movie, and it's one of David Fincher's worst movies.

signia76 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrAngles View Post
    Yeah if only... oh wait, there are non-criterion releases of The Game, here's what "if only it wasn't a Criterion release" gets you:
    HD DVD Review: The Game | High-Def Digest - $5.43 @ amazon.com

Blu-ray Review: The Game (UK Import) | High-Def Digest - $16.41 @ amazon.co.uk
    I'm aware of the other releases. My point is I don't want pay more for a blu-ray just because it's from Criterion, and we all know Criterion releases are more expensive no matter how bad the tranfer may be. Oh wait, that doesn't matter when you're a Criterion fanboy.

I'm aware of the other releases. My point is I don't want pay more for a blu-ray just because it's from Criterion, and we all know Criterion releases are more expensive no matter how bad the tranfer may be. Oh wait, that doesn't matter when you're a Criterion fanboy.
    Here we go again.

It's proven now that this release of the Game has a superb transfer.

As I stated, the price on Amazon is $24.99. I fully expect it to drop from what I've seen of other similarly priced Criterions.

Fanboy or not, Criterion puts out better blu rays than many other studios. Their customer service is ten times better than other companies. When I had to return my oen of discs from Red, White, Blue, the process was pleasant and they even gave me a coupon for a future purchase. Contrast that with whomever did West Side Story, what a boondoogle pain in the ass that was. I had to call them 4 times to square it away properly.

Dude... if you don't want to pay for the Criterion Blu-ray, don't. There are other options available. You're complaining about a problem that doesn't exist.

jakeneff is offline Member

I've been waiting for this since I bought my first PS3 four years ago! One of my all-time favorites.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast