HDD Visits the Skywalker Ranch; Dennis Muren and Ben Burrt Talk Indiana Jones - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM

Default HDD Visits the Skywalker Ranch; Dennis Muren and Ben Burrt Talk Indiana Jones

We're excited to FINALLY share more photos and an interview from our amazing trip up to the Skywalker Ranch and the Lucasfilm Archives.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...na_Jones/10174
Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 PM

i am curious about the packaging/scratching comment. the ad shows they are using that same book style packaging as the Alien and Star Wars collections and i found those to be great. discs sit well and seemed very well protected and least to me, i had no trouble getting them out.

but anyway, this was a cool story and very fun to see all of those props. and yeah the Indy "punches" are very distinctive. i remember when watching Crystal Skull for the first time i was anticipating the first punch because i was hoping they kept the sound and of course they did. of course now that i named "that" movie, i apologize for any bitching over it by anyone after me. :P (personally i liked the movie fine lol)

so is there any other "holy grail" movie collections to come? it seems in the dvd days people were waiting for Indy, Star Wars and Back to the Future and maybe Godfather too. well they are all on blu at this point as well so am i missing anything else?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
so is there any other "holy grail" movie collections to come? it seems in the dvd days people were waiting for Indy, Star Wars and Back to the Future and maybe Godfather too. well they are all on blu at this point as well so am i missing anything else?
Did you see our roundtable last Friday?

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/ro...-blurays-2012/
Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Did you see our roundtable last Friday?

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/ro...-blurays-2012/
i had not seen that, thanks.

and yeah count me in on The X-Files. its probably the only tv series i own on dvd that i'd rebuy on blu-ray. i can understand those first seasons might not be possible or work the best but season 5 and up were all filmed in widescreen (and available as such on dvd) and they looked much better than those first 4. so even if it wasnt an all out restoration like star trek, i bet they could make it look better anyway.

but anyway, i'll let the thread go back to its actual topic now....yay Indy!!! :P
Old 09-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
i am curious about the packaging/scratching comment. the ad shows they are using that same book style packaging as the Alien and Star Wars collections and i found those to be great. discs sit well and seemed very well protected and least to me, i had no trouble getting them out.
It's not the same as ALIENS or STAR WARS (funny enough, both Fox releases). These are more like folder sleeves where the BD discs are tucked inside a pocket v. those other releases. The "folders" are a little stiff at first, requiring a little more effort than I'd like, but seem to be losing up now. Probably okay for most people, but there may be some scratch complaints if used without care.

Cheers.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
It's not the same as ALIENS or STAR WARS (funny enough, both Fox releases). These are more like folder sleeves where the BD discs are tucked inside a pocket v. those other releases. The "folders" are a little stiff at first, requiring a little more effort than I'd like, but seem to be losing up now. Probably okay for most people, but there may be some scratch complaints if used without care.

Cheers.
that sorta sounds like the Avatar collector's edition packaging or maybe the last few Simpsons season sets. anyway tuesday is near, i will find out soon enough! :P
Old 09-13-2012, 09:45 PM

I am curious of the review. I've read in other forums that the color timing has been tweaked more to the yellow side of things. Either was I can't wait until I get this set!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan007 View Post
I am curious of the review. I've read in other forums that the color timing has been tweaked more to the yellow side of things. Either was I can't wait until I get this set!
The colors are definitely different. The jury's still out on whether this is revisionism, or whether the old DVD was just too red/pink and the Blu-ray corrects that.