'The Reaping' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-22-2007, 06:25 PM
PeterB

Default 'The Reaping' -- pre-release buzz

As Halloween gets closer, of course it's time for the studios to start churning out the horror movies on high-def:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/reaping.html

As I missed this one in the theaters will be curious to check it out. Unfortunately, while the HD DVD gets a Dolby TrueHD track, blu-ray fans will get stuck with a lowly Dolby Digital 5.1 (640kbps) track. Otherwise, the extras and video are the same.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:45 PM

I enjoyed this movie when Isaw it in theaters. i know the whole plot may be kind of silly but it was still fun. If you are looking to be scared look elsewhere but if you are looking to be entertained then this should do it. I know Peter will tear this apart in his review which I never listen to anyway when it comes to the actual movie review. Hilary Swank give a good performance. Anna Sophia Robb gives a good performance as well she is definatley a child actress to pay attention to. I will definatley be picking this up on SD DVD and blu-ray
Old 07-22-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoogeFan1118 View Post
I enjoyed this movie when Isaw it in theaters. i know the whole plot may be kind of silly but it was still fun. If you are looking to be scared look elsewhere but if you are looking to be entertained then this should do it. I know Peter will tear this apart in his review which I never listen to anyway when it comes to the actual movie review. Hilary Swank give a good performance. Anna Sophia Robb gives a good performance as well she is definatley a child actress to pay attention to. I will definatley be picking this up on SD DVD and blu-ray
Everyone tore this film apart!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:16 PM

yeah I know spidey bat but ther were some posative reviews and I liked it. You seem to defend peter alot on this site. Peters movie reviews are definatley not the best on this site. HIs Pq reviews are quite good
Old 07-22-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoogeFan1118 View Post
yeah I know spidey bat but ther were some posative reviews and I liked it. You seem to defend peter alot on this site. Peters movie reviews are definatley not the best on this site. HIs Pq reviews are quite good
I defend all reviewers because I know it is their personal opinion. I visit Rotten Tomatoes often also. I never go by any one person's certian opinion. I gather them all, and make my own decision. Non-reviewers also.

EDIT: Rotten Tomatoes: 7%
Old 07-23-2007, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
I defend all reviewers because I know it is their personal opinion. I visit Rotten Tomatoes often also. I never go by any one person's certian opinion. I gather them all, and make my own decision. Non-reviewers also.

EDIT: Rotten Tomatoes: 7%
Amen to that brother! I take reviews more as guidelines than facts. If the story intrigues me...I will get/see it. Simple as that. I have yet to see a reviewer be 100% accepted by everybody. I think Peter does a great job giving us his take on a flick. Whether you agree with him or not, his reviews have more thought into them, are detailed and easy to understand his view, and better organized than some other review sites.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
Unfortunately, while the HD DVD gets a Dolby TrueHD track, blu-ray fans will get stuck with a lowly Dolby Digital 5.1 (640kbps) track. Otherwise, the extras and video are the same.
This doesn't seem to be the case. According to the back cover and most other HD news sites, both will be TrueHD. You can find a picture at DVD Active (fifth one down) that explicitly mentions it.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
As Halloween gets closer, of course it's time for the studios to start churning out the horror movies on high-def:

As I missed this one in the theaters will be curious to check it out. Unfortunately, while the HD DVD gets a Dolby TrueHD track, blu-ray fans will get stuck with a lowly Dolby Digital 5.1 (640kbps) track. Otherwise, the extras and video are the same.
This back-cover of the Blu-Ray version shows a TrueHD logo as well as states TrueHD as audio option. So hopefully it's TrueHD for both versions...

h t t p : //dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-cover.php?did=3960

(Sorry I cannot post links yet..)
Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
This doesn't seem to be the case. According to the back cover and most other HD news sites, both will be TrueHD. You can find a picture at DVD Active (fifth one down) that explicitly mentions it.
Thank you for the info! The back cover scan of the BD shows it clearly!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:03 PM

Here's the pic: