A review for Nate (?): Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default A review for Nate (?): Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad

Does anyone here own the disc for Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad tour? I was not overly impressed with the review at bluray.com (yes, the review itself - the reviewer did not seem objective) and I noticed there was no review here.

Nate, Aaron?

I know in the past that the Def Jam label was a warning label, and seeing it is affiliated with Universal, I really got to wonder.

I know concerts can be all over the board on PQ and AQ and sometimes not necessarily the encoding, just the lighting and camera settings as well as how the mixer is wired.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Does anyone here own the disc for Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad tour? I was not overly impressed with the review at bluray.com (yes, the review itself - the reviewer did not seem objective) and I noticed there was no review here.

Nate, Aaron?

I know in the past that the Def Jam label was a warning label, and seeing it is affiliated with Universal, I really got to wonder.

I know concerts can be all over the board on PQ and AQ and sometimes not necessarily the encoding, just the lighting and camera settings as well as how the mixer is wired.
I've never done a full review for a music release. Throw in the fact I've never heard a Rihanna song (or a Chris Brown song, though that prick should cover Beat It, if you follow me), and I may not be the best choice. I'm sure there is someone on staff familiar with this particular artist, though, who may be up for it!
Old 08-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Throw in the fact I've never heard a Rihanna song
Unless you've been living in a hole, I think you have heard at least one of her songs. Just like Katy Perry or Britney Spears, sex sells and that's a portion of her acts.

I sort of enjoy Nate's reviews when the material is something he doesn't want to see or he is unsure he wants to see it and in the end, enjoyed it.

I see Luke did a review of Lady Gaga's Monster Ball Tour, maybe he's up to it!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM

That would a review from Nate...
not a review for...

Got the ceedee lots of good cuts!