HDD Attends a Virtual Roundtable with Andy Parsons (BDA), Jeffery Baker (Warner Home - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-02-2012, 05:36 PM

Default HDD Attends a Virtual Roundtable with Andy Parsons (BDA), Jeffery Baker (Warner Home

Lots of great information on film restoration, preservation, and how they decide what films get a Blu-ray release:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...erations_/9937
Old 08-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Q: Roughly how many 3D BD titles do you expect to release in say the next 2 years?

Jeffrey Baker: More than one, less than 10!
Ouch!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Whore View Post
Ouch!!!!!!
I assume he is talking about older 3D movies, or older 2D movies converted to 3D. I'm sure that any new 3D movies released now and over the next 2 years will also be released on 3D Blu-Ray but not counted in this 1-10 number.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Lots of great information on film restoration, preservation, and how they decide what films get a Blu-ray release:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...erations_/9937
Quote:
Jeff, I know WB has been looking at 2D tests for 'The Wizard of Oz'
Should this be 3d?

It's nice to see an article revisited - I read this a while back right?

In case someone missed it, The Exorcist is being rereleased again in 2013 with lots of extras.
A Star is Born (1976) next 12 months

Excellent points we already know (by Alan Parsons) regarding BD Discs and the Cloud. Couldn't have summed it up better myself. I hope the studio he works for agrees.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:40 PM

Very interesting 'behind the scenes' discussion on the how/why certain titles are selected for restoration and new releases.

Also, in a world where everyone's always blathering on about how tomorrow "everything's gonna' be digital", it was refreshing to hear some words of sanity in that BD & DD are expected to coexist for a long foreseeable future. (Hey, last I checked, CD's are still being sold, even though music is largely delivered digitally.)