'Dune: Extended Edition' [German Import] - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Default 'Dune: Extended Edition' [German Import] - High-Def Digest Review

Josh has just reviewed 'Dune: Extended Edition' [German Import]. Check it out!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7484...tended_de.html
Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 PM

Default Sci-fi channel version much more accurate

and the sci-fi channel version was better story-telling. The David Lynch version began, was, and will ever be a disappointment. Bad art is bad art. If Pablo Picasso did not under understand the original message of Herbert's "Dune" it would mean his painting was rushed and incomplete. Perhaps Lynch's version was rushed and incomplete but no amount editing or additions can save it from being a complete and total failure. Sci-fi channel version isn't perfect but much better.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:58 PM

I like Dune as much as the next person, but man Josh, it looks like you have a watched a s*** load of Dune in the past couple of weeks.

I have to admit, the 3D version sounds interesting although I'm still rockin' the HD DVD so no real need to upgrade to any version of the blu ray yet. Still, it's too bad we can't rent the 3D version in the States. You know, just for the heck of it.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
and the sci-fi channel version was better story-telling. The David Lynch version began, was, and will ever be a disappointment. Bad art is bad art. If Pablo Picasso did not under understand the original message of Herbert's "Dune" it would mean his painting was rushed and incomplete. Perhaps Lynch's version was rushed and incomplete but no amount editing or additions can save it from being a complete and total failure. Sci-fi channel version isn't perfect but much better.
The SciFi Channel miniseries cuts out the entire first third of the book and completely misinterprets all of the characters. It also has embarrassingly bad production values. I barely made it through one viewing.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:04 PM

Damn.
Really disappointed to hear about the PQ on this release. Was really hoping to buy just for the collection's sake.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 PM

Does this version come with a slip?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipcover Collector View Post
I believe you can pick up as many slips as you like at Victoria's Secret. Just a tip.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Annoyingly, the disc begins playback of the movie immediately with a pop-up menu that automatically intrudes into the left side of the screen until you select either the 2D or 3D version of the movie, at which point the film will restart from the beginning.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipcover Collector View Post
No. Just a keepcase. The cover art is reversible, however. It's the same art on both sides, but the one facing forward in stores has giant ratings logos on it. You can flip that over to get the art without the ratings logos.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Former Member

wendecover!